Ability to notify unresponsive Z-Wave devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to notify unresponsive Z-Wave devices

I've found that some of the less noticable devices in my system had been non-operational for various reasons and I only got them to start working by factory resetting and re-adding them to the zwave network.

Is there a method in HS3 to trigger an event if a device hasn't sent a daily check in? I would like to get an email for these devices.

If a device is in a state that it can not communicate to HomeSeer, there would be no way to send that device a command. If the device is unresponsive to the point that it requires a factory reset it would probably never see any requests from HomeSeer.

Perhaps there are Z-wave issues that are causing your problems.

What type of devices are you having problems with?

Comment

I know that Zwave devices that run on battery are supposed to check in every 12 hours or so if I recall correctly. I just want to know if a device hasn't checked in.
      I had several zooz motion detectors stop responding, but after factory resetting them, they are working just fine. The issue is that they are needed for my AC control script to work correctly and I'd like to be alerted if it happens again.

Comment

If you are an EasyTrigger plugin user, you can do this easily. I use it to notify me if some of my Z-Wave devices havent updated HS in a while.
        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

ACiDGRiM I use Steve's SDJ-Health plugin to monitor my motion sensors and locks, it works great https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...ealth-stevemsj

Comment

Originally posted by mda View Post
            ACiDGRiM I use Steve's SDJ-Health plugin to monitor my motion sensors and locks, it works great https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...ealth-stevemsj
            This is just what I needed, thank you

Comment

Working...
            X