Clear All

• Timon
    replied
    I guess that covers everything. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by Timon View Post
    Thanks, that answers Question #2. I will say I didn’t expect expect to find at at the point of use instead of point of creation.

So so that leaves only question #3 unanswered.
    If you enable "Create Devices for Counters and Timers" in setup, all missing devices will be created when you restart. After that, disable the setting and delete the unwanted devices.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Thanks, that answers Question #2. I will say I didn’t expect expect to find at at the point of use instead of point of creation.

So so that leaves only question #3 unanswered.

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    You can create, reuse or rename a timer within the configuration of an Event

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Answer to question 2: You can rename a timer, it's a pain, and it has caveats. A timer is not a reference, so if you change the name, any event that uses it will be broken.

Rename a timer: In an event, select "If a timer becomes", then select the timer you want to rename. Then click create/edit timer, and you can edit (rename) the timer. Maybe there is another way to get there, but I found this instruction in a Bugzilla post.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    replied
    Found the delete problem. There was one reference to the timer still laying around that I missed. Fixed that and I was able to delete it. Still haven’t found a solutioh to Questions 2 & 3.

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Have you tried restarting HS and then deleting it after a restart? I think I had the same thing happen once and I was able to delete after a restart.

Leave a comment:

• Timon
    started a topic Cannot delete a timer plus other timer questions

Cannot delete a timer plus other timer questions

Question 1: I have a timer that I would like to delete but as much as I click on the bit red "X" it will not delete. I've check everyplace to see if it's still being used and I can't find any. How do I delete this timer?

Question 2: Is there any way to rename a timer? That way I could just reuse it.

Question 3: Is there any way to recreate the Device that was created when a timer was created? I deleted one by accident. I'd just delete and then recreate the timer but HELPdthen we're back to Question 1
Working...
X