Will Raspberry Pi run hs3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Raspberry Pi run hs3

I am an old homeseer user back from the original days (v1.5) and revisiting it. I am familiar with Linux enough however I am having a hard time finding out which Linux packages I need to load up.

From what I have determined I just need to load up mono but in my initial build things did not work quite right. I am thinking something didn't load properly or I am missing some other package that is also required.

Also I am curious if we can run the full version of standard or Pro on a Raspberry Pi to get around the limitation of five plugins. I have a 3 B+ that I would use for this project. I have about 7 plug-ins I can see being useful.

Thanks for any guidance or help!
    I am sorry if I missed another post with clear requirements.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

You can download either the RPi version of HS3 or the full version from the HomeSeer downloads page. You can run the full version of HS3 on a RPI but if you load it up with several plugins your user experience may not meet your expectations. You can always try it and change it if you do not like the results.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Before buying HS3 I ran a eval of pro on a my PI 3 B+ with a 6 plugins. It worked well enough.

When I was blowing away my SEL to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 and Mono 5.18. I loaded a backup of my production system on to that pi 3 B+ to keep automation going during the upgrade. I had 11 plugins running, it worked but was a bit sluggish.
      HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
      Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
      Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

More on install instructions here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ions#post77288

This is good too : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...stemd?t=186864

Eman.
        The Closer.

Comment

I've got HS3 Pro running on a Pi 3 B (non plus) with 9 plugins and haven't really had many issues. Startup is a bit sluggish, but once running I don't notice any lag. Performance probably depends on plugins, some may be more CPU/mem intensive; I tried adding the Big5 plugin, but made things pretty unusable. I might migrate to a mini PC one day if I add more functions or scripting.

Comment

Originally posted by drparker151 View Post
            Before buying HS3 I ran a eval of pro on a my PI 3 B+ with a 6 plugins. It worked well enough.

When I was blowing away my SEL to do a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 and Mono 5.18. I loaded a backup of my production system on to that pi 3 B+ to keep automation going during the upgrade. I had 11 plugins running, it worked but was a bit sluggish.
            Thought it might be helpful if I listed the plugins I was running. So here they are: Chromcast, EasyTrigger, EcoBee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, PHLocation2, Pushover, SDJ-Health, Sonos, weatherXML, Zwave. Using the lock script by Sparkman. I also have a bunch of jon00 scripts but didn't pull any of those pages up while running on the pi.

I have 580 devices, 207 events running.
            HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
            Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
            Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Thank you all I appreciate your help!
              Steve

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just moved my install off a Pi2 onto a Pi3 and it runs great. I ran that Pi2 for over 2 years
                Details in sig line...
                HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Working...
                X