HS3 Migration Ongoing Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    Done for today. I'll try again in the AM. Beginning to regret this decision.
    Ok, that's really weird. I looked at my actual event and I had this instead:

Code:
    Speak Time.tx|It's $time {silence msec='250'}|HomeSeer,Office
    Noticed that I missed the "t" at the end of ".txt". Without that t it works fine, with the t it errors.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Well, Well, Well.... Riddle me this...
      I just looked again, and removed all punctuation, brackets and pipes.. everything but the text itself and tried the event. Naturally, the script threw a pile of errors, but did run.
      Then I added in each character, one at a time, and tried the event. All was fine until I added the period in the file name, then the "Illegal character" error.
      That's fine, I can deal with that by using another character and replacing that in the script. I ought to be able to find some character that will work, but that will wait until morning.

Edit: just read your response. Interesting. HS3 doesn't like file names then???? This explains why a couple of other events throw errors as well.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Just couldn't stop. Fixed it by adding a pipe between filename and extension. Works.
        Add one to HST's bug list.

Per the locks. I'll delete and re-add all three tomorrow and see if that fixes the DeviceRef problem.

Comment

Just couldn't stop. Fixed it by adding a pipe between filename and extension. Works.
          Add one to HST's bug list.
          Weird that it does not like filenames. I wonder what other extensions it would choke on.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Weird that it does not like filenames. I wonder what other extensions it would choke on.
            If it gags on a text file, I'd suspect it would on all others as well.
            I think this is entirely an HS3 problem, not NET, as I've used this method for years without issue in HS2. It would almost certainly have to have been intentional. "Why?" is the question, but to get them to change their minds on virtually anything is like pushing a round peg into a square hole. No matter; I have a workaround. I'm surprised this hasn't come up until now.
            I still have a lot of work to do, so I'm sure I'll run into more problems along the way.

Comment

I re-added one of the locks this morning, but it didn't make any difference in getting the device reference within a script.

Settled for now calling my locks scripts with Device References as parameters instead of device names. Should be fine until I eventually replace a lock.
              Eventually I'll bring this up with Support, but my experiences there have always been less than satisfactory.

Working now on my UPS monitor script which shouldn't raise any new problems. The old version did work with device codes however, so it's going to take some time to convert.

Comment

I re-added one of the locks this morning, but it didn't make any difference in getting the device reference within a script.
                Strange that it works for me, but not for you. What version of HS3 are you using? I'm on .523.

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500 (Windows)
                  I just let it update last week. Is 523 a beta and if so, where will I find it.
                  Just realized to there's an APCUPSD plugin for HS3... hunting for that too.

Comment

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500 (Windows)
                    I just let it update last week. Is 523 a beta and if so, where will I find it.
                    Just realized to there's an APCUPSD plugin for HS3... hunting for that too.
                    https://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_523.msi

The APCUPSD plugin can be found in the updater and the forum for it is here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/en...on/apcupsd-pcp. I use it as well and it works great.

Comment

Thanks. Wonder why HS didn't offer to update when it started.
                      No matter, I'll give it a go.

Comment

There is an option in Setup called "Check for HS3 Update at Startup", but it only updates to the latest official release, not the betas. I prefer leaving that option unchecked so that it does not prevent HS3 from starting if there's an update available.

Comment

Had a quick check on the locks under 523. That was it. They report now. Good thinking.
                          Perhaps some of my other issues will clear up as well.

APCUPSD is up too. That saved me many hours of work updating the script to get the same result. Well worth the $20.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

There is an option in Setup called "Check for HS3 Update at Startup", but it only updates to the latest official release, not the betas. I prefer leaving that option unchecked so that it does not prevent HS3 from starting if there's an update available.
                            I generally keep it unchecked as well for the same reason. I've not been on the board much since HS3 came along so I'm way out of touch with it.

Comment

This is just a midnight observation.
                              I know that at one time, way back when, in HS2 I'd used Include files in scripts using the #Include statement. Perhaps back then I was using VB6 scripts, I don't remember.

It seems though that NET no longer (or perhaps never did) supports that handy facility, and there's really no way to efficiently implement something to get around this.

I'm using a subroutine in virtually all my scripts now that replaces hs.ExecX10, and/or hs.Transmit which often appears dozens of times in dome of my files. It's about 8 lines and I've improved it several times this past week, meaning I've had to open and re-edit every single script for consistency.
                              It's too bad this was omitted in VB.NET.

Comment

FYI - The "official" place to look for beta releases is here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...s-and-download where they've just posted the .528 release.

Comment

Working...
                                X