HS3 Migration Ongoing Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
    OK, it does that, but can't play the message neither thri speaker clients or web page. Thought it might be related.
    . So this error is expected then?
    I've seen the message before, but never have had an issue with playing messages. What browser are you using? It works with Chrome, but have not tried it with any other browsers. IE was recommended for HS2, but HS recommends Chrome for HS3.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Stranger and Stranger.

Using this format in the main script:
      #Include Includes\IncludeTest.vb
      Sub Main(Parm As Object)
      Test()
      End Sub

And this subroutine:
      Sub Test()
      hs.Writelog("Tst","It Worked")
      End Sub

or this:
      Sub Test(Stuff As String)
      End Sub

There's no error, but the included subroutine doesn't seem to run. No errors, but no log entry either.

However, If I use this in Main:
      Test("")

and this subroutine:
      Sub Test(Stuff As String)
      End Sub

"It Worked"

This is good to know.

I don't know what I was doing last night to generate that error; I was running on two hours sleep and a gallon of coffee. I think I may have named my included file "IncludeTest.txt" rather than "IncludeTest.vb". This had always worked in VB6.

Per the phone thing. I use Firefox. I'll try IE in a bit, but I don't have Chrome installed on any machine. I 'll have to try IE (and Chrome I suppose) later this morning. Actually I'm hoping to find a way to trigger message playback through HSTouch (play a WAV/mp3 file over Speaker clients) so I don't need to fire up a computer just to hear phone messages. I'm sure I'll figure something out. The only other option will be to use the internal phone to retrieve messages, but I haven't tested that yet with HS3.

Progress: About 60% of my old HS2 Events have been converted now. Another week should do it.
      Still need to figure out a way to make a dozen, and counting, ASP pages available on an HS3 menu. Under HS2 (and this is one of the biggest reasons I stuck with HS2 all these years) I used Jim DooLittle's DooMenu. With that I could create HS2 Menus which were available on the main web page in any structure I needed. It was convenient, but it looks like no-one has done such a thing for HS3 as yet and HS3 only allows for four custom pages. I suppose I can use one, and create an ASP menu page to access the others. That's a long way off though.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I used Jim DooLittle's DooMenu. With that I could create HS2 Menus which were available on the main web page in any structure I needed. It was convenient, but it looks like no-one has done such a thing for HS3 as yet and HS3 only allows for four custom pages. I suppose I can use one, and create an ASP menu page to access the others. That's a long way off though.
        I suggest you go and have a look at my downloads for HS3 on my site (click on my banner below). Jon00 Links is available which should satisfy your needs. There are also lots of other stuff you may have used under HS2 which was converted to HS3 plus much more!

Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. I remembered your site yesterday actually and went to get your SpeedFan package. I'm just stepping through things, migrating all my functions to HS3. Good to know you have something like this; I'll definitely try it.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

I've seen the message before, but never have had an issue with playing messages. What browser are you using? It works with Chrome, but have not tried it with any other browsers. IE was recommended for HS2, but HS recommends Chrome for HS3.
            IE worked (Phew!), but it looks like the HS3 pages are loading 'painfully' more slowly, and they're downright ugly.

Comment

IE (top) compared to FireFox (Bottom). hmmm Wonder what Chrome looks like.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very hard to see on my screen with Chrome
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't much like Chrome (for many reasons) and have moved to Opera. There were issues with IE following an update noted in the post below.-
                  Just thought I'd FYI you in case you ran across more issues.

Robert

EDIT: I guess this was fixed by MS recently
                  Hello today i open HS3 from my main pc using the ip address link i always use, and noticed the icons are missing for events, They show up using chrome and edge but
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Very hard to see on my screen with Chrome
                    Looks like you are not using the same settings between them. The orange icon with arrows/triangles on them near the top right controls fix width versus using the width of the browser window. It's set to fixed width in your first two screen shots, but set to variable width in your Chrome screen shot.

Comment

IE worked (Phew!), but it looks like the HS3 pages are loading 'painfully' more slowly, and they're downright ugly.
                      Take a look at your CPU usage when loading windows. Does it spike? HS3 is very "snappy" for me, but I have a relatively powerful system that I run it on. Yes, the HS3 pages are not great looking, but from what I remember they were an improvement over HS2

Comment

On to the HStouch phone events.
                        Tired of leafing through over 50 pages on paper of devices and events from HS2.
                        Fired up HS2 one more time, disabled all the interfaces and events so I can retrieve information as I need to without having to stop HS3, start 2, get what I need and reverse.

Did everyone go through all this???

Comment

I typically left HS2 and HS3 running at the same time and disabled plugins as needed so that they would not access interfaces at the same time. From what I recall HS2 had to start first otherwise it would close HS3, but it might have been the other way around.

Comment

Yup... been there. Got the metal, made the tee-shirt!.
                            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                              I typically left HS2 and HS3 running at the same time and disabled plugins as needed so that they would not access interfaces at the same time. From what I recall HS2 had to start first otherwise it would close HS3, but it might have been the other way around.
                              It seems to be the other way around.
                              At one point early on, HS2 made a mess of Z-Wave in HS3. I'd been disconnecting the Z-Troller since then. It also commandeered the Way2Call modem which wasn't popular around here.
                              All interfaces are disabled now in HS2. All events as well and I don't remember which ones had been disabled previously. Just keeping it around now for the the notes on devices and events I might need to refer to.
                              No going back now.

I do notice that Z-Wave devices are much more responsive under HS3. Lights on is nearly instantaneous now when activated by a motion sensor (Most of those are still X10 as well).

Comment

Wadenut,
                                At the time I moved from Hs2 to Hs3 was a bit abrupt. I came home one day to find out someone let all the smoke out of my Hometroller (smoke theory of electronics).

Stuart

Comment

Working...
                                X