HS3 Migration Ongoing Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS3 Migration Ongoing Project.

This is going to be a long road I think.

I prefer to do things on my own, researching the HS3 documentation, then scouring the board, then finally asking for help as a last resort.

Trying to migrate from HS2 to 3, working with my Z-Wave Thermostat currently.
    I've been at this all day (4AM to now) and gotten nowhere.

In Scripting, I am able to read the Thermostat Temperature thus: hs.DeviceValueByName("HVAC Thermostat Temperature") ..This does return the current temperature.
    The other device values should be as easy, but...

The Heating Setpoint is not readable via scripting it seems. The Device Configuration, Advanced tab shows the following:
    Value: 5 = "5 C"
    String =

I've tried reading the value several ways.

hs.Writelog("VALUE",hs.DeviceValueByName("HVAC Heating SetPoint"))
    Returns: -1
    hs.Writelog("CAPI_Valu",hs.CapiGetStatus(hs.GetDeviceRefByNa me("HVAC Heating Setpoint")).Value)
    Returns: 0
    hs.Writelog("CAPI_Stat",hs.CapiGetStatus(hs.GetDeviceRefByNa me("HVAC Heating Setpoint")).Status)
    Returns Nothing at all, Empty String

I've begun to look at the Device API but that's as clear as mud to me so far.

Hopefully, after I get by this hurdle, it should be clear sailing.

Any suggestions anyone?
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

I should just add, that I have a Propane./ Wood combination furnace. The Thermostat directly controls the Propane, and through HS, I use the Thermostat values to control the Wood Furnace Damper.
    Without this, I have to periodically shut down HS3 to run HS2, especially over night, or when i go out.

Comment

The details may depend on the way the plug-in for the t-stat handles the set point. The screen shot below is what one of mine looks like in the device management page.
      The scripting call to display the setpoint is hs.CAPIGetStatus(1325).Status
      Attached Files
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

And, mine looks about the same.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	TSTAT Screen.jpg Views:	1 Size:	67.6 KB ID:	1293811
        And FUDGE. Thanks, that actually worked. Again with the flippin' Capi.

Comment

First question, which wasn't clear from the post is "why use CAPI / scripting"? I've found that 95% of the time when a feature isn't part of HS3, there's a plugin that gets me what I want (and 95% of the time that plugin is Easy Trigger for both event triggering and device control)?

Comment

Moving On. Day 6.
            Working now on some of my HVAC controls.
            When no-one is home, the thermostat setpoint needs to be reduced. So Far, no joy.
            I've tried several variations of the following:

hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(44, false, SetBak, false, true))

Where 44 is the device reference for the Thermostat Heat Setpoint.
            SetBak is the value I want to set. In this case 15 degrees C.

It does indeed change the setpoint, but not in a good way.
            - First run, the setpoint changed from 23 to 26.
            - Next run, the setpoint changed to 45 (this is where I disabled my script to do some more research.

Ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
              Moving On. Day 6.

Ideas?
              When I migrated to HS3 from HS2 I remember playing with this and I think for my thermostats, I had to use the hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(1234, 60.54, True) type commands for it to work, Ultimately I ended up with setting the setpoints in events, rather than through scripts, so my memory may be incorrect. Also, is SetBak a string?
              HS 3.0.0.548: 1976 Devices 1156 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

When I migrated to HS3 from HS2 I remember playing with this and I think for my thermostats, I had to use the hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(1234, 60.54, True) type commands for it to work, Ultimately I ended up with setting the setpoints in events, rather than through scripts, so my memory may be incorrect. Also, is SetBak a string?
                Yah, I've tried hs.SetDeviceValueByRef. It didn't work.
                While on that, hs.GetDeviceRefByName is always returning -1 for the thermostat devices as if they don't exist. Odd.

I likely will end up creating a manual event to get this done. Hate doing that, but I've been all day on just this one line. Seems to me I had to do that with HS2 as well in a few cases.
                Oh, and yes, I think SetBak needs to be a string, although I've tried both Integer and String

Comment

I've been at this 14 hours a day for six days now and I've noticed several times the CM15A Plugin disappearing from the plugin list.
                  Now, I don't have but maybe three or four X10 devices left at this point, but I use those mainly for their ability for local control (IE. Turn the device off/on, the module turns on).
                  Just wondering if this is a known bug or not, and if so whether or not there's any solution, other than restarting HS3. I could go back to the CM11 if necessary, but who's to say that plugin is any better.

Comment

Greg,

Check out the X-10 thread. Not sure about the CM15A as I use a TI103. Never had any issues with mine. I believe the CM11 uses the same plugin.
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                      I've been at this 14 hours a day for six days now and I've noticed several times the CM15A Plugin disappearing from the plugin list.
                      Now, I don't have but maybe three or four X10 devices left at this point, but I use those mainly for their ability for local control (IE. Turn the device off/on, the module turns on).
                      Just wondering if this is a known bug or not, and if so whether or not there's any solution, other than restarting HS3. I could go back to the CM11 if necessary, but who's to say that plugin is any better.
                      I use a CM11 and have never seen that plugin disappear. I'd post this issue in the forum for the X10 plugins so that the developer that maintains it will see your post and he can comment.

Comment

Perhaps. Just got to some of the X10 devices a few minutes ago, and they don't seem to work at all.
                        I do have two CM11's in the toolbox. I'll probably dig one out tomorrow and plug it in. Never did much like the CM15 anyway. The RF was a PITA, so I disabled it long ago. Only reason I used it at all I think was that it was USB and at the time I was out of RS232 ports. Have an Edgeport/8 and four Quatech 4-port servers now so I have plenty to spare.

Comment

Well that was fun at 4AM.
                          Dug out the CM11s and then had to hunt for a cable which was packed in a box at the bottom of a pile in the basement.
                          First one didn't work, but it took some time to realize that since this plugin works substantially differently than it (and the CM15) did under HS2 and there seems to be ZERO documentation.
                          Second module actually works.
                          Wondered why X10 now shows up as a configuration on all new devices created. Took more time to understand that I need to ignore that tab if the device isn't X10. ARGH!!!.
                          Then, I see a thousand Device Status/Graphic pairs even for an Appliance module which ought to have only two. OK, just delete those. Fine.
                          Some documentation would have saved a lot of time but there doesn't seem to be any and naturally, HST doesn't support either of these plugins any more and won't bother to help at all in these cases. Some support eh?

The nightmare continues.

Comment

The steps for that are found in the X10’forum. Yes, would be nice if there was a more central place for that.

Comment

Going to be a pain in the butt here for a while.
                              I have a question regarding Value/Status Pairs on devices (specifically Z-Wave).

It's my understanding that it should be possible to add a number of values to control the status of a device (an appliance module in this case).
                              I have a set of 7 values I'd like to use and have displayed on the web page:
                              Four of these values turn the device, and the module off. (Ex. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
                              Four turn the device and module on. (254, 255)
                              Controls are assigned to each according to the value, and the .Status Control selected is "Both", although I've tried using "Control" and "Status" as well. Status would be preferred as I don't want control buttons to show on the page.

BUT.
                              In practice, as soon as I do this, the module stops working altogether.

What the heck am I missing now?
                              I've looked in the Help, but there seems to be no mention of this.

Edit: It occurred to me just now, could this be caused by the fact I didn't assign graphics to the values?

Comment

Working...
                              X