Notifications on Android or iOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notifications on Android or iOS?

So I am new to HomeSeer community and have finally been getting things all setup and added to the system.

I was wondering if there anyway to get notifications on my Android phone or iOS iPad for when certain things happens i.e. Door opened, closed, Garage door opened, etc kind of like I get from Wink, SmartThings and IFTTT?

I have not been able to get things totally figured out. I tried some IFTTT recipes but seems cumbersome and it does not work for everything. Only for devices that can be turned on/off, not anything else.

So not sure if I a just missing something simple or if I need to look elsewhere. Either way any help and guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There's a free Pushover plugin that can send notifications to the Pushover app on ios/Android amongst others. Works great.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman, thanks I will look into it.
      Is it like Pushbullet (I have had that before in the past for other things)?
      Hopefully it is not to difficult to setup or use, but thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by jdkluck View Post
        Sparkman, thanks I will look into it.
        Is it like Pushbullet (I have had that before in the past for other things)?
        Hopefully it is not to difficult to setup or use, but thanks for the suggestions.
        There used to be a plugin for Pushbullet, but I believe that author stopped supporting all of his plugins. If you search the board for Pushbullet, you may find some info on it. I believe it is also possible to send Pushbullet messages without a plugin. I use Google to search the board, just include "site:forums.homeseer.com" in your Google search along with the search term of what you are looking for.
        HS 3.0.0.548: 1970 Devices 1149 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 123 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks. I will check out Pushover though, just was not sure if it was kind of like what Pushbullet was since that was the one I was familiar with.
          No issues trying something new especially if it works and is the current one out there to use.
          If I have any issue I maybe back asking for help.

Thanks

Comment

On Android, you can also use Tasker, along with the Tasker plugin Autoremote.

The advantage with using Tasker is that you can do other things besides just a notification.

Comment

You can also send notifications using HSBuddy. It works well for us.

Comment

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post
                On Android, you can also use Tasker, along with the Tasker plugin Autoremote.

The advantage with using Tasker is that you can do other things besides just a notification.
                I use this configuration to have HS control actions on my Android tablet mounted in the kitchen.
                tenholde

Comment

Another simple method is to send an email as a text (all major mobile carriers have an associated email address for text messages to phone numbers) to your phone for things like the house has been armed away, etc.

I send notifications to my Alexa speakers from HS for things like the garage door has been left open, and don't forget to take out the trash tonight.

I announce things like severe weather alerts on all of my Sonos speakers, and display the weather alert on the kitchen android tablet via AutoRemote and Tasker. I use Tasker extensively to control every aspect of the kitchen tablet.
                  tenholde

Comment

Can you elaborate on how you send notifications to your alexa speakers from HS?

thanks
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                      Can you elaborate on how you send notifications to your alexa speakers from HS?

thanks
                      Google alexa notify ne skill
                      tenholde

Comment

Notify me skill
                        tenholde

Comment

Very cool! Thanks...
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
                          X