Run a script from device status text?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run a script from device status text?

Is there a way to run a script from the status text box?
    I'm thinking like the text field from HSTouch elements. ie [$SCRIPT=&hs.Sunrise()]
    Click image for larger version

Name:	script.PNG
Views:	44
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1313576

No they are not designed for this - are you able to elaborate on what you are trying to do in case there is a way of doing this by another means?
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

I need to display a volume level on a screen. The problem is the volume will come from one of 6 audio zones and I need a way to "tell" HSTouch which zone to display.
      I really just need a way to pass a variable from one HSTouch screen to another but I guess that's not possible.

More info here:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...ue#post1313041

Comment

It's been a long time since I have played with HSTouch now but I think from memory you can nest some of the [$ commands, in your first screen then I would set an invisible element to the ref of the device you wish to get the status of (this element can be on another screen). Then in the display element try a [$SCRIPT or whatever and then see if you can nest the ref in this.

My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
          It's been a long time since I have played with HSTouch now but I think from memory you can nest some of the [$ commands, in your first screen
          Where?? This might be the answer I've been looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post

Where?? This might be the answer I've been looking for.
            It would be in the HSTouch Help Files - I think they are online now rather than distributed with the designer app. I seem to remember that the RSS fields could be nested and think that I was able to get others working as well but as I say it has been a number of years since I have really used HSTouch.
            My Plugins:

Comment

I'll see if I can find it.
              Curious, I see a lot of posts saying "I don't use HSTouch" and similar.... what do you use instead?
              I can't imagine people are using the main web page but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Demusman View Post
                I'll see if I can find it.
                Curious, I see a lot of posts saying "I don't use HSTouch" and similar.... what do you use instead?
                I can't imagine people are using the main web page but I could be wrong.
                I use HSMobile now but I don't interact with the UI a huge amount, most I do by voice - I used to have HSTouch projects that I poured time into but HSTouch has not had a huge amount of development since it came out (about 2009??) and features that people expect from a UI simply are not there. As such it can start to become a burden to edit projects, test, deploy etc for what might be a relatively minor change in HS.
                My Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                X