HSTouch Designer can't reach server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSTouch Designer can't reach server

I recently upgraded to HS3Pro mainly to use HSTouch designer. I've tried over and over to log in the the HSTouch server(built in to HS3) from the designer with no success. I'm running HS# v.3.0.0.534, HSTouch designer is running on a Win7 machine on my LAN but fails to connect to the server. I checked the logs and there is no record of the attempted logins. I know the server is running based on the logs. I installed the designer on a machine at work and tried to log in via myHS. It returned this error message: 'HSTouch server plugin is incorrect version, or timeout getting the version, v. 3.0.0.0 or later is required. Get the latest plugin from www.homeseer.com/downloads." I know the plugin is built into HS3 on my version. I've read all the threads regarding the problem I'm having and have the correct port (10200) and a valid user, the port is forwarded in my router and I have tried disabling Windows firewall but to no avail. Should I re-install HS3? Any ideas> I really want to develop my own HSTouch screens. Thanks

Did you change your settings in setup?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-17 16-10-52.png
Views:	73
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1316258

Comment

Originally posted by jdvhmd View Post
      I'm running HS# v.3.0.0.534, HSTouch designer is running on a Win7 machine on my LAN but fails to connect to the server.
      . . .have the correct port (10200) and a valid user, the port is forwarded in my router and I have tried disabling Windows firewall but to no avail.
      There should be no need to forward the port if you are on your LAN. Are you pointing the designer to the correct local IP address (in Tools, Options, Connection Defaults)?
      If you cannot reach the server, then it is unlikely that the log will show anything since HS doesn't know you are trying to connect.

Name:	connect.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	1316264

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
        Did you change your settings in setup?

Name:	Screenshot from 2019-07-17 16-10-52.png
Views:	73
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	1316258
        Thanks for the responses. Yes, HSTouch is enabled in settings. I didn't think the port needed to be forwarded but thought I would try anyway. The ip address is valid (192.168.0.13) and the ip on my Win7 PC is 192.168.0.2. Should I be able to access through MyHomeSeer even if I cannot through the LAN? I read a post that the designer is not officially supported anymore, so just wondering if there is an alternative to creating custom functional screens...

Comment

Name:	HS-capture1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1316270

Also my log has a bunch of entries as above. Are these errors in the server? Tnx
          Attached Files

Comment

.. I read a post that the designer is not officially supported anymore, so just wondering if there is an alternative to creating custom functional screens...
            Where did you read that? My understanding is that this is not true at all.

Comment

Also my log has a bunch of entries as above. Are these errors in the server? Tnx
              They don't look like errors. Do you have a check in the box on the Manage Plug-ins page next to Developer Mode? These look like debug messages.

Name:	Mode.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	1316360

This is what I see in my log when I start the Designer:
              Jul-18 10:15:59 AM HSTouch Server Client X27M (192.168.1.104/53199) named X27M has CONNECTED.
              Jul-18 10:15:58 AM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.1.104/53199
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                They don't look like errors. Do you have a check in the box on the Manage Plug-ins page next to Developer Mode? These look like debug messages.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Mode.PNG Views:	0 Size:	9.2 KB ID:	1316360

This is what I see in my log when I start the Designer:

Thanks for the response. Yes, developer mode was turned on. I unchecked it. I still can't reach the server from any PC I install the Designer on in my LAN. Also I tried running the designer from the same machine HS3 is installed on and made sure to use 127.0.0.1 but still no luck logging in to HSTouch server. One interesting log item I found - when I tried using MyHS from outside my LAN, the log showed the attempted login and said something about adding the username to HSTouch server. But then it never completed the connection.

Comment

Looking at Post#3 in this thread, do you have a window like this in Designer, filled out with your homeseer address?
                  Looking in homeseer Setup >> Network , do you have a user name there and your sure of its p/w and that the name and p/w is entered in Designer setup screen?
                  Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
                  Hometroller S6 | Devices: 601 | Events: 202
                  Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .190 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3
                  BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris :rolleyes:

Comment

“Looking at Post#3 in this thread, do you have a window like this in Designer, filled out with your homeseer address?
                    Looking in homeseer Setup >> Network , do you have a user name there and your sure of its p/w and that the name and p/w is entered in Designer setup screen?”

Yes I’ve tried several usernames and the appropriate password, even set up new username and password just to try and get it to connect. Is it possible the HS3 install is bad? I was running HS3 before last week and upgraded to HS3Pro (I’m not sure which version before the upgrade).

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running? What hardware are you running HS3 on? This sounds like a firewall issue. The easiest solution is to use your myHS connection but this must work outside your lan and if it's not it's again most likely a firewall issue.
                      -Rupp
                      sigpic

Comment

HS3 v.3.0.0.534 running on Win7 build 6.1.7601 Intel Atom D525 2 core 1.8 GHz 4GB RAM. I tried turning off Windows firewall on both the server PC and PC running the designer. I can ping the server ip successfully on the LAN and a port scan shows port 10200 to be open on the server PC

Comment

Another question about your connection to hs server.
                          From that Connection screen shown in Post #3 above,
                          with all your stuff entered... what screen do you get when you press Ok??
                          Can you post a screen shot of that dialog window ?
                          Blair
                          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
                          Hometroller S6 | Devices: 601 | Events: 202
                          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .190 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3
                          BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by BlairG View Post
                            Another question about your connection to hs server.
                            From that Connection screen shown in Post #3 above,
                            with all your stuff entered... what screen do you get when you press Ok??
                            Can you post a screen shot of that dialog window ?
                            Blair
                            Here’s the dialog box:

and here’s the response:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m thinking about installing HS3 on my laptop to see if it will allow the server connection for the designer - is it possible to have HS3 running on 2 computers simultaneously or will the license kick one (or both) out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X