Failing to Connect to ZNET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failing to Connect to ZNET

After a huge re-start/re-install of my system due to a DB error. HS was working extremely well. No red in the Logs for a few days.

Now I am running into problems with connecting to one of the ZNET's. I restarted the unit this AM, but still having the connection problems. It is a wired connection and HS3 seems to be working well. I am just concerned about setting up events again and having the system crap out on me (again). Is there anything I can do to address this problem.
    Jul-18 7:56:38 AM Z-Wave Rocky Mtn Blvd: Getting node information from controller...
    Jul-18 7:56:38 AM Z-Wave Rocky Mtn Blvd: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.128, connected to interface ok.
    Jul-18 7:56:33 AM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.128...
    Jul-18 7:56:33 AM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
    Jul-18 7:56:21 AM Z-Wave Rocky Mtn Blvd: Getting node information from controller...
    Jul-18 7:56:20 AM Z-Wave Rocky Mtn Blvd: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.128, connected to interface ok.
    Jul-18 7:56:15 AM Z-Wave Warning Trying to re-connect to Ethernet interface at IP 192.168.1.128...
    Jul-18 7:56:15 AM Z-Wave Note: Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time. If 2 systems are connecting to your Z-Wave interface, HomeSeer will not connect.
    Jul-18 7:55:51 AM Z-Wave Rocky Mtn Blvd: Getting node information from controller...
    Jul-18 7:55:50 AM Z-Wave Rocky Mtn Blvd: Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.128, connected to interface ok.
    Jul-18 7:55:50 AM Z-Wave Error Rocky Mtn Blvd: Exception transmitting to IP 192.168.1.128: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

The ZNET continues to have problems with the connection.

Any suggestions?

Comment

Does your green light go out on the Znet? If it's out can you Ping the Znet address?
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.435
      Hometroller S6 | Devices: 601 | Events: 202
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .190 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3
      BLLAN | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris :rolleyes:

Comment

Ever time I look... It's green. find.homeseer.com always finds the znet as well.

Comment

The message "Z-Wave Ethernet at IP 192.168.1.128, connected to interface ok" indicates that network connection is successfully established from the HS3 server to the Z-Net's network-to-serial daemon process. First thing it does is queries for "node information from controller", but it here it gets no answer back from Z-Wave controller chip. There are a number of things that can lead to this...

Something that has bitten at least a couple of folks that I'm aware of -- did you by any chance plug a SmartStick or similar device into the USB ports on the Raspberry Pi?

Comment

I haven't plugged anything in to it. It's a fresh znet from homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by bills.hancock@gmail.com View Post
              The ZNET continues to have problems with the connection.

Any suggestions?
              I've had this issue before. I solved it by changing my Z-Net connection setting from "Homeseer Z-NET Ethernet" to "Ethernet Interface" and using fixed IP addresses. When you have multiple Z-Nets and use "Homeseer Z-NET Ethernet", I've seen Homeseer confuse the IP address with a different Z-Net, which results in the " Only one system may connect to an Ethernet interface at one time" error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	z-nets.png
Views:	47
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1316506

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by bills.hancock@gmail.com View Post
                I haven't plugged anything in to it. It's a fresh znet from homeseer.
                Did it ever work? Why not return it?

If you can log in, either through ssh or using a keyboard and monitor, you can check some things. Try username pi, password raspberry

Comment

Did it ever work??? That's a great question. I think so, but...

I have had tremendous struggles over the last few weeks with maintaining a stable system.

I have no problems logging in tot he zent when I type in the IP address
                  I can turn lights on/off/dim and even activate events from MS mobile app -- so, I believe it is working. I have not seen a red light on the device for quite some time.

I changed over to ethernet connection and static IP address. I also changed the network routing - using a synology 2200 node (with ethernet backhaul) and belkin (unmanaged) switch. The connection pattern - router - managed linksys switch - synology mesh node - belkin switch - ZNET. I changed the wiring to router - managed linksys switch - belkin switch - ZNET. This shouldn't have an impact, but reading some forums on the synology web site, people have had trouble with switches being plugged into their nodes. I have been networking for a long time -- and never heard of this...but I thought I would give it a try.

Set it up last evening...and so far no connection issues. But then again, I had it set up the 'old way' for nearly 4 days, before then connection issues started to pop up.

Comment

Working...
                  X