Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any dev here would be able to answer the mono team ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

edit : I clearly miss those package

libmono-system-web4.0.cil
    libmono-system-design4.0.cil
    libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
    libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil

not sure how to install the. So will return to the non-compiled version of mono! Happy to know that to next release will have the mono leak 6.0.0.113 fixed

Comment

Now that you have built/compiled Mono yourself you should be more capable to technically engage directly with the Mono developers on the GitHub. I imagine it was a worthwhile learning experience too.

Most forum members are not programmers/coders but this is the only way you can truly get a grounding in Linux.

These days people just want a copy/paste solution and are learning very little about the environment they are working in.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post
        Now that you have built/compiled Mono yourself you should be more capable to technically engage directly with the Mono developers on the GitHub. I imagine it was a worthwhile learning experience too.

Most forum members are not programmers/coders but this is the only way you can truly get a grounding in Linux.

These days people just want a copy/paste solution and are learning very little about the environment they are working in.
        Thanks for letting me know it was possible.

Comment

I have recompiled mon0. This time it took something like 5 minutes... ( with make -j 16 && make install -j 16)

The issue i had yesterday was with the vbnc patch. Hs was not able to load any tmp script in the /tmp folder.

First, I changed the vbnc script for :
          Code:
          #!/bin/bash
          for x; do
              if [[ $x = '/tmp'* ]]; then
                  sed -i '1{/#Externa/d}' $x
              fi
          done
          exec /usr/bin/mono --debug $MONO_OPTIONS /usr/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe "$@"
          as it is the patch you can find on the forum to load aspx page.

but didn't take into account that the mono folder is not at the same place lol...

here is the good one for my setup

Code:
          #!/bin/bash
          for x; do
              if [[ $x = '/tmp'* ]]; then
                  sed -i '1{/#Externa/d}' $x
              fi
          done
          exec /opt/mono/bin/mono --debug $MONO_OPTIONS /opt/mono/lib/mono/4.5/vbnc.exe "$@"

all is working good!

Comment

Working...
          X