Event to trigger after certain amount of time ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to trigger after certain amount of time ON

I am seeing something strange. I am guessing it is a bug, but I am wondering if there is a way to work around it without creating a manual timer?

I have the following event:

Code:
    IF	Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch has been On for at least 2h, 0m, 0s
    Then	
    Set Device	Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch to Off
    Then	Send an Email to email@test.com
        with the subject Rec Room Light Left on 2 hours
    The problem is that it is triggering immediately after turning on the light from the wall switch (likely it has been OFF for more than two hours, but it was JUST turned ON). As you can see here, it triggered. . .and I had just turned the light switch ON. . .it immediately went off.

Code:
    Mar-14 2:25:49 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch Set to 0
    Mar-14 2:25:49 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch to Off (0)
    Mar-14 2:25:49 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Light Events Rec Room - Turn Off Lights if on for 2 hours"

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
    I am seeing something strange. I am guessing it is a bug, but I am wondering if there is a way to work around it without creating a manual timer?

I have the following event:

Code:
    IF	Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch has been On for at least 2h, 0m, 0s
    Then	
    Set Device	Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch to Off
    Then	Send an Email to email@test.com
        with the subject Rec Room Light Left on 2 hours
    The problem is that it is triggering immediately after turning on the light from the wall switch (likely it has been OFF for more than two hours, but it was JUST turned ON). As you can see here, it triggered. . .and I had just turned the light switch ON. . .it immediately went off.

Code:
    Mar-14 2:25:49 AM	 	Z-Wave	Device: Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch Set to 0
    Mar-14 2:25:49 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Downstairs Rec Room Rec Room Light Switch to Off (0)
    Mar-14 2:25:49 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Light Events Rec Room - Turn Off Lights if on for 2 hours"
    The event should work, but you need to look at the last update and status and see if they are both updating as soon as you change the state of the switch. If the status changes, but the last update is not updated the event would trigger as soon as the switch is turned on.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      The event should work, but you need to look at the last update and status and see if they are both updating as soon as you change the state of the switch. If the status changes, but the last update is not updated the event would trigger as soon as the switch is turned on.
      How would you recommend capturing this? I usually do emails, but there is potentially a delay in value changes in variables, also, I can't retrieve the last change datestamp from email variables. I assume I should write a script to capture the value every so often, then immediately after On at the switch. . .and every second or two after that. . .that way I can see when the last change date is as well?

Btw, the switch is a GE wall switch.

Comment

If this is a persistent problem I'd try breaking the event into two.

The first one would have the current trigger, but run another event (checking conditions), after a short delay or wait to let the HS device catch up to the physical device state.

The second event would consist of the actions you now have and have a manual trigger and a condition that the lamp has been on for at least two hours.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by TechFan View Post
          How would you recommend capturing this? I usually do emails, but there is potentially a delay in value changes in variables, also, I can't retrieve the last change datestamp from email variables. I assume I should write a script to capture the value every so often, then immediately after On at the switch. . .and every second or two after that. . .that way I can see when the last change date is as well?

Btw, the switch is a GE wall switch.
          I was thinking you could take a tablet or computer to the switch, open the HS device manager page and watch the status and time as you manually operate the switch. GE switches do not support instant status except when directly routed to the controller.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I was thinking you could take a tablet or computer to the switch, open the HS device manager page and watch the status and time as you manually operate the switch. GE switches do not support instant status except when directly routed to the controller.
            Ok. Just check to see if it is updating in HS when changed locally in a reasonable time. I am pretty sure all my GE switches have been. . .

Comment

Working...
            X