Using Netcam with email or Pushbullet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Netcam with email or Pushbullet

My main query is related to deleting or replacing the currentimage.jpg file before taking a snap with Netcam. If I send snaps from 3 different cameras and one camera is off-line, Netcam sends the previous snap again. My guess is that it does not have the smarts to know a camera has a problem. It would be really nice if it generated some sort of offline image instead of showing the wrong image.

Would deleting the currentimage.jpg file help Netcam deal with an off-line camera or possibly overwriting the currentimage.jpg file with your own Offline.jpg image file at the beginning of a Snap sending event?

One other thing is the Netcam View function of the plug-in as I change cameras the larger snap to the upper right of the thumbnails shows the correct camera name but a different cameras image. I am wondering if there is some workaround that can be used to force updating of that snap.

Thanks for any ideas you might have to handle this.
    Last edited by Kitar; April 11, 2017, 03:26 PM. Reason: Pull out weeds

Bump - Anyone experience similar behaviour ?

140 view , no answers. I know Netcam is bad but someone must use it.

Comment

My only suggestion is to try UltraNetCam instead. I made the switch a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        My only suggestion is to try UltraNetCam instead. I made the switch a few years ago and haven't looked back.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
        Thanks for the reply Al. The need for Netcam was supposed to be a temporary. I did try Ultra's plug in and thought it was pretty good but I had planned to purchase Blue Iris so I thought the BI plugin might be a better choice. I am hesitating until I can get a fanless hot rod PC that will reside in a structured wiring box. Might be a bit of wishful thinking.

Comment

Working...
        X