Delay an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delay an event

I have a light set to go off at 9pm. How do I set up a manually activated event to delay the light out event by an hour?

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    I have a light set to go off at 9pm. How do I set up a manually activated event to delay the light out event by an hour?
    Make the trigger "This event is manually triggered" and the action to turn the light Off. Then set the "after waiting" delay for 1 hour. When you manually trigger the event a Delayed Device Action event will be created with a trigger of one hour later. After the delayed event runs, it will delete itself. Here is a thorough explanation. If you always want the light to go out after an hour, then in the same event as the On control set up an Off control for 1 hour later as the next action.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
      If you have a recurring event that turns the light off at 9, then I'm thinking that a virtual device may be more in line with what you want to do. Your manual event would turn the virtual device on. Add a condition to the event that automatically turns the light off at 9 that the virtual device is off. Turning the virtual device on will prevent the light from going off at 9.

What you do to turn the light off an hour later will depend on the specifics of what you want to have happen. If you just want to the light to go off at 10 instead of 9, then you could create another event that automatically turns the light off at 10.

You will also have to add an action to the event that turns off the light. The extra action will turn off the virtual device so the default condition is reset.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Thanks to Michael for pointing out my poor reading comprehension on the OP. Michael's idea of a virtual device is good. I would handle it with a virtual device as well. I created one called "9:00PM Lights out" and used it as a condition in 2 events. When the virtual device is off the second event will turn the light off at 8:00PM. When it is on the first event will run, turning it off at 9:00PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1190798
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
        X