Confused about value changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about value changes

I have a device that has three values; 0, 1, 2.
    O = offline,
    1 = online
    2 = troubled.

I'm trying to trigger an event when the device value changes to 0 and another triggered when the value changes to 1

The two events in the images trigger from one state to the other, even though the device itself stays at one state. Obviously, my event structure is incorrect.

What is the correct way to test for this?

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Don

What happens if you use the trigger "Changes and becomes"?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
      I have a device that has three values; 0, 1, 2.
      O = offline,
      1 = online
      2 = troubled.

I'm trying to trigger an event when the device value changes to 0 and another triggered when the value changes to 1

The two events in the images trigger from one state to the other, even though the device itself stays at one state. Obviously, my event structure is incorrect.

What is the correct way to test for this?

Thank you.
      Uncle Michael has the correct answer. Jon00's script "sets" the values of all the defined devices every time it is run from a recurring event.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

OK, got it. Thanks. Unfortunately, if you edit these particular devices, they are deleted and new devices with the modified properties are created. So . . . the event no longer has that device to trigger off of.

:-)

Thanks for the help guys.
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X