Single action to cover multiple monitoring conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single action to cover multiple monitoring conditions

I would like to have a single event that sends a Pushover message with the "name of the specific monitored device that becomes offline" if any of my UltraMon3 monitored devices changes and becomes Offline. What is the best method to do this?
    I know that I can do a separate If - Then event for each monitored device with an action of sending a Pushover message showing the device value based on the reference ID using the variable "$$DVR:"

here's my event. thanks for any ideas.

I personally use a script that checks all the relevant devices and then sends an email or Pushover message with the details. If you don't want to use a script, you could use replacement variables for each of the devices in the PU message. See the HS3 help file for the replacement variable syntax.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have the list of replacement variables and the Reference ID of the devices - but how do you insert in a single PO message the specific Reference ID of the device that has become offline?

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
        I have the list of replacement variables and the Reference ID of the devices - but how do you insert in a single PO message the specific Reference ID of the device that has become offline?

You can't do a specific one, you'd need to do all of them and then you can scroll through the list to see which ones are offline. With a script you can be more selective.

Sent from my Phone using Tapatalk
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I haven't learned how to script..yet. Maybe this is a good time to start . Can you give me a example of how this script could be written? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X