Event last run time stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event last run time stamp

I have set up an event (turning on and off fans at my house on the hour, when no one is home). The event (primary) runs another event (secondary), which turns on several fans; waits 20 minutes; and then runs another event (tertiary) to turn off the fans. The event works as it is supposed to. On the hour fans turn on and 20 minutes later, the fans turn off (documented in the device settings for the fans). What puzzles me is that for all the events (primary, secondary, and tertiary), the last run time is all the same: on the hour. Why isn't the tertiary event that is run 20 minutes later showing +20 minutes for the last run time? No big deal, since the event works fine. I'm just curious.
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Originally posted by Richel View Post
    I have set up an event (turning on and off fans at my house on the hour, when no one is home). The event (primary) runs another event (secondary), which turns on several fans; waits 20 minutes; and then runs another event (tertiary) to turn off the fans. The event works as it is supposed to. On the hour fans turn on and 20 minutes later, the fans turn off (documented in the device settings for the fans). What puzzles me is that for all the events (primary, secondary, and tertiary), the last run time is all the same: on the hour. Why isn't the tertiary event that is run 20 minutes later showing +20 minutes for the last run time? No big deal, since the event works fine. I'm just curious.
    Elliott
    Are you using a "Wait" action to delay the tertiary event or are you running the event with a delay? If your tertiary event is a Delayed Event, it may show the same time, because a Delayed Event doesn't actually run that event. A copy is created with a time trigger, placed in a Delayed Events group and run at the trigger time. Then the event deletes itself. Since the original event is copied it may very well just show the time that it was copied - the time that the primary and secondary events ran.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Are you using a "Wait" action to delay the tertiary event or are you running the event with a delay? If your tertiary event is a Delayed Event, it may show the same time, because a Delayed Event doesn't actually run that event. A copy is created with a time trigger, placed in a Delayed Events group and run at the trigger time. Then the event deletes itself. Since the original event is copied it may very well just show the time that it was copied - the time that the primary and secondary events ran.
      Thanks for the response. I am simply using the "wait" function within the primary event. So, the way I see it, the primary event is supposed to wait 20 minutes, before triggering the tertiary event.
      Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
        Thanks for the response. I am simply using the "wait" function within the primary event. So, the way I see it, the primary event is supposed to wait 20 minutes, before triggering the tertiary event.
        Elliott
        You are correct, it should show the actual time the tertiary event ran. I'm thinking it is a bug where it is storing the time the initiating event ran and using it when launching the tertiary event, rather than using the actual time.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          You are correct, it should show the actual time the tertiary event ran. I'm thinking it is a bug where it is storing the time the initiating event ran and using it when launching the tertiary event, rather than using the actual time.
          Thanks. I'm thinking it is a bug, too.
          Elliott

Comment

Working...
          X