Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Condition based on 'How' Event is triggered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condition based on 'How' Event is triggered?

This is for house modes. I suspect there are other use cases too.

Scenario...

vDevice tracks/controls House Mode state: Disarm, Sleep, Away, etc

Events (event logic) set this vDevice based on a variety of conditions and triggers: occupancy, time of day, etc

BUT, what if I want to set the House Mode manually and want to create a 'break' in the Event logic so the mode will stay as I set it manually when I pushed the vDevice button.

HS3 would need to determine what triggered the Event... did I push a vDevice button or did the other logic (time, etc) within the event make it run.

Thoughts?

thx for the input.

I'd tackle that by adding a 2nd virtual device that has 2 states manual and auto.

house mode setting; manual, auto

When you manually update house mode also set house mode setting to manual
    Now just add logic to your events to only fire if the house mode setting is auto
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaddox View Post
      I'd tackle that by adding a 2nd virtual device that has 2 states manual and auto.

house mode setting; manual, auto

When you manually update house mode also set house mode setting to manual
      Now just add logic to your events to only fire if the house mode setting is auto
      Was hoping for better way, that gets messy...
      1 additional vDevice for every house mode
      +
      1 additional Event for every House mode (I must split time based Triggers from Manual)

If we had proper IF-THEN-ELSE event engine this would work the way I'd like... far more efficiently.

Thx, I'm learning the hard way that Homeseer is capable... just FAR from efficient or easy
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X