Email trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email trigger

For the life of me can't seem to get email trigger to work.

In my startup.log it reads 14 emails received so I think receipt is working.

Here is my event:
    Attached Files
    Michael

The odds of receiving an email at exactly 2:05 AM is nearly impossible. What exactly are you attempting to accomplish?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It is my understanding that each Or is a separate trigger. Am I incorrect?

I want the event to run if the IF or any of the OR's are triggered.
      Last edited by Rvtravlr; August 4, 2017, 09:46 PM.
      Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
        It is my understanding that each Or is a separate trigger. Am I incorrect?

I want the event to run if the IF or any of the OR's are triggered.
        Your event's triggers are correct - it will run every Tuesday at 2:05AM and it will run if any of the remaining [OR IF] triggers are true. The email trigger should work if an email sent from any sender has the word "Alert" in the subject.

I have a test event that I built last year and it worked well. The only difference was that I had it filter on words in the body as well as words in the subject. That would be a good practice for preventing false triggers. I am not certain, it was in 2014, but I think I found it needed both in order to work. Otherwise, the trigger may not be working properly in the current version.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Okay, got it working. Fiddled with the email settings in gmail to allow less secure email.

Thanks!
          Michael

Comment

Working...
          X