Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Troubleshoot / Step-Through Events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Troubleshoot / Step-Through Events?

Just curious... I've not found anyway to troubleshoot / step-through and event to see where the fault is.

Is this possible?

For instance, in Vera PLEG I could see the state of all individual condition as that moment in time... this helps with seeing where the fault in the logic is.

thx

To follow / verify the conditions of a specific event, I add WriteLog actions to record the event conditions in the log at the time the event runs. That doesn't help, though if the problem is that the event does not run when I expect it to. In that case, I have created a separate event that has the appropriate WriteLog actions and an action to run the problematic event if the conditions are satisfied.

The process is a bit time consuming, but I haven't had to resort to it very often. As I recall, the last time I did it I discovered a defective device that was not updating its status properly.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
    X