Cancel an Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel an Event

I have an event that sends me a text every five minutes when the garage door is open. It works fine except at times it gets annoying when I'm working in and out of the garage.

How can I cancel the event for say an hour? I created another event that if manually run will cancel the garage reminder, but that's it. It won't get re-enabled.

Should I look at resetting the timer, then stopping it? Or is there a better way?

You could set up a virtual device that's a condition to the every 5 minute notification event. Disabling this virtual device prevents the notification from running. Then have an event that re-enables the virtual device a hour after it was disabled.

I've been thinking about doing exactly the same thing with my garage doors.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi,
      you could create a flag that if enabled will not send the notification then upon the door closing it disables the flag every time its closed. That way you wont forget to reset the event.
      Stuart

Comment

Thanks for the ideas! Here's where I am so far. I created a virtual device which will stay off for one hour, then get turned back on and re-start the timer. At that point, five minutes later I should get a text message.

Too late to play with it now, but I will tomorrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

We use timers for occupancy and virtual devices to override or stop the timer.

In the garage, we have a 10 minute timer. As long as a motion is reported to HS the timer is reset to zero.

We can also triple tap up the HS switch nearest the garage entry man door which turns a virtual device “on”. This doesn’t stop the timer, but in the timer-Off event, if this virtual device is on, then the actions do not occur.

As a precaution to forgetting that the door(s) are open, we have another event that when the timer reaches 26 minutes it sends a pushover message and then resets the time to 1 minute.
          Attached Files
          Michael

Comment

Working...
          X