Event Runs When You Enable It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Runs When You Enable It

I have an event that is manually controlled. During testing, I disabled the event. The moment I enable it, it executes even though I didn't hit the "play" button.

I don't think that should be. Thoughts?

Is the run on enable reproducible? I've never had that happen and when I just tested it with one of my events it did not run when I disabled it and then enabled it again.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Does it contain a script. If so what checkbox is ticked.

Comment

I was going to type this long explanation, but now I can't get it to repeat. Although yesterday I double checked a few times before posting. I'll see if this rears its ugly head again.

Thanks all.

Comment

OK, I'm not crazy. I disabled both events about five hours ago and just clicked on enable fan on event. Within seconds the fan came on. Then when I enabled the fan off event, within seconds the fan shut off. Here is a screenshot of the two events which are very simple.

I simply wait about 2 1/2 minutes and then click the run button on the off event and the cycle continues. Obviously this isn't elegant but that's not what the discussion is about.

The only thing I see different is that this isn't a z-wave event since it's a device created by a plugin which controls a Honeywell Wifi T'stat. Regardless, it shouldn't just take off and run just because I enabled it without clicking Run the event actions.

Thoughts?
          Attached Files

Comment

That is normal. If you want to have a recurring event trigger relative to the hour rather than relative to when it was enabled, you need to select that trigger. If you want the two events to be synced, then use one event with an immediate action to set one state and a delayed action to set the other.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
            X