Event that Over laps into the next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event that Over laps into the next year

I'm trying to create an event that started Dec 1 of any year at a specific time of day and stops the second week of January the next year. Basically a Christmas season event to turn on and off my lights. I got it working for the month of December, but not sure how continue it into January.

The key is to use Y as the year when you specify the date. That will force HS to use the current year (ie. the year when it is evaluating the date).
    For example:
    And If the date is after 11/29/Y
    And If the date is before 1/5/Y
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I've tried using a after... and before condition. The And If condition. The event doesn't work at all. I thought is was as simple as that too.

Comment

Actually you have to stipulate the year if you want to use both conditions with a single trigger. When you use a specific year, the condition can span midnight on December 31. If you use "any year" the condition begins and ends at midnight on December 31. The condition 11/30/Y actually means after midnight 11/30/this year and before midnight 12/31/this year. If you want the event to run every year, you have to split the trigger using the same trigger with an OR IF and the second condition. Here are two event examples. The first one is good for this year, the second will work every year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	1194474
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by huntley1 View Post
          I've tried using a after... and before condition. The And If condition. The event doesn't work at all. I thought is was as simple as that too.
          Sorry, I realize now that my response was way too terse. Randy's explanation, as usual, is much more complete - and definitely clearer!
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X