X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
    just to make sure it's working?
    Correct.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

A lot of people use timers, expecting a heartbeat acknowledged before 70 minutes passes. I just simply ask that if any other message is received, send me an email/text.

I have the same event setup for both a smoke condition and a CO condition.

So if I press the button I will get a text that I tested the alarm, then I will get a notification saying "No Notification" meaning the unit cleared itself. Eventually it goes back to Heartbeat Acknowledged and life goes on.
      Attached Files

Comment

When these first came out Mark posted an event to monitor the heartbeat.
        See note #40 which depicts the heartbeat events.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...=174570&page=2

I set mine up this way and it works like a charm.

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I installed two First Alert Z-Wave Smoke/CO detectors this weekend and they seem to be working well. Added very easily to HomeSeer and report very quickly on an event (so far I have only written events to announce a successful test via TTS). I'll install two more in my lower level (garage and multipurpose room) this week. I didn't have interconnected detectors before, and wouldn't necessarily hear an alarm if it went off on the lower level, so I like that I can have HS trigger an alarm / announcement if they do go off. With a house up on stilts (I'm on a canal in a flood zone) and only one entry/exit door on the upper living level I like the peace of mind knowing HomeSeer will alert me to trouble downstairs.
          HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
          Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
          Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
          Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

It would be nice if one z-smoke could communicate (alert) the other so that both can alarm... I don't use TTS here - just Alexa. Perhaps if I got a z-wave/X-10 alarm or something an event could be used to trigger an alarm throughout the house.

Robert
            HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
              It would be nice if one z-smoke could communicate (alert) the other so that both can alarm... I don't use TTS here - just Alexa. Perhaps if I got a z-wave/X-10 alarm or something an event could be used to trigger an alarm throughout the house.

Robert
              I have a separate GoControl alarm module https://amzn.to/2qlyWP1 (thinking of getting two more). My events for CO/Smoke turn on this alarm (quite loud) and turns on all the lights inside the house. I'm fooling around with making all the outside lights blink on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                I have a separate GoControl alarm module https://amzn.to/2qlyWP1 (thinking of getting two more). My events for CO/Smoke turn on this alarm (quite loud) and turns on all the lights inside the house. I'm fooling around with making all the outside lights blink on and off.
                Hi @racerfern:

If you get the outside lights to turn off/on, can you share your method (e.g. events and/or script)?

Thanks!
                Dave

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                  A lot of people use timers, expecting a heartbeat acknowledged before 70 minutes passes. I just simply ask that if any other message is received, send me an email/text.

I have the same event setup for both a smoke condition and a CO condition.

So if I press the button I will get a text that I tested the alarm, then I will get a notification saying "No Notification" meaning the unit cleared itself. Eventually it goes back to Heartbeat Acknowledged and life goes on.
                  Interesting/simple. so if this will send a text immediately if it detects smoke or CO?

on the alarm part... i'm thinking about just linking an event to my house alarm to go off.... would also then notify my alarm company. (although i'm a bit worried about false alarms.)

Comment

I have mine configured to pushp as well as e-mail.

Funnily enough, a couple of years ago I was in the far east when one of my daughters burnt toast... I got the notification in the middle of the night there (12 hrs difference). Of course it ended up being nothing...

The issue about having it trip your alarm - which sounded interesting at first - is just if you do burn toast or something, then you've got the alarm company to contend with...

Robert

Comment

I have mine configured to pushp as well as e-mail.

Funnily enough, a couple of years ago I was in the far east when one of my daughters burnt toast... I got the notification in the middle of the night there (12 hrs difference). Of course it ended up being nothing...

The issue about having it trip your alarm - which sounded interesting at first - is just if you do burn toast or something, then you've got the alarm company to contend with...

Robert
                      LOL... exactly. and i burn a lot of toast!

Maybe if i built a bit of logic.... only set the alarm off if the smoke detector has been going for xx minutes. (e.g. 5)?

Or... only if after bedtime
                      Or if alarm is actually on, indicating no one is home.

Comment

Interesting/simple. so if this will send a text immediately if it detects smoke or CO?
                        I have three events, one is for a heartbeat warning, one is for a CO warning and one for smoke warning since it's a different code.

So if someone is burning toast, I get two warnings, one for smoke and one because the notification is NOT "Heartbeat Acknowledged".Then I get one for "No Notification" meaning the toast is no longer burning and all is well. Eventually it resorts to "Heartbeat Acknowledged" and we're back to normal.

I could write all sorts of conditions, but I like KISS and just want to be aware of the situation. I'll decide if I need to call the fire department or police. Nowadays, even an alarm company calls the house or whomever is on the call list before calling emergency services.

Comment

Hoping someone can point out what I am doing wrong. All the information above is great and very helpful. I THOUGHT I had everything setup correctly but maybe someone can see something I am doing wrong.
                          Here is how I have the device (CO / Fire Alarm) status setup:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	CO Fire Status.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1360243
                          Here is how I have my event setup:

Name:	CO Event.png
Views:	326
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1360244

Here is what I am actually seeing in the logs:
                          Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
                          Feb-07 9:37:08 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 13, Level 255
                          Feb-07 8:38:09 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification OFF for Type 12
                          Feb-07 8:37:52 AM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 12, Level 255
                          Feb-06 3:53:55 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 13, Level 255
                          Feb-06 3:34:37 PM Device Control Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification to Reset Notifications (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                          Feb-06 3:33:16 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Battery Set to 98
                          Feb-06 3:33:15 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification OFF for Type 12
                          Feb-06 3:32:59 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 12, Level 255
                          Feb-05 5:12:26 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Battery Set to 97
                          Feb-05 5:11:40 PM Z-Wave Device: Node 7 Z-Wave Notification Set to Notification ON for Type 13, Level 255

I was expecting the Feb-07 8:37 AM Message to send me an email.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by kc8tmv View Post
                            I was expecting the Feb-07 8:37 AM Message to send me an email.
                            I don't see anything wrong here...I think that log entry should have triggered the event (and also the Feb-06 3:32:59 entry). Could just be a corrupt event, did you try deleting the event and recreating it from scratch? That would be a good thing to rule out before doing any further troubleshooting.

Comment

I've replaced all 3 of my z-smoke detectors in the last couple of years, modifying only the re-added z-wave new device Id in the event. This evening a couple went off and I didn't get any notification. In the log, I saw the following:
                              Dec-05 5:13:28 PM
                              Z-Wave Device: Alarm Z-Wave Smoke Notification Kitchen Set to NOTIFICATION for type Smoke Notification, Event: Smoke Detected Unknown Location​

I wonder where Unknown Location is set. I had to change the event from Smoke Detected to Smoke Detected Unknown Location.

Anyone else run across this and how is the location set? Nothing mention in the Z-smoke user guide that I could find...

Comment

I've replaced all 3 of my z-smoke detectors in the last couple of years, modifying only the re-added z-wave new device Id in the event. This evening a couple went off and I didn't get any notification. In the log, I saw the following:
                                Dec-05 5:13:28 PM
                                Z-Wave Device: Alarm Z-Wave Smoke Notification Kitchen Set to NOTIFICATION for type Smoke Notification, Event: Smoke Detected Unknown Location​

I wonder where Unknown Location is set. I had to change the event from Smoke Detected to Smoke Detected Unknown Location.

Anyone else run across this and how is the location set? Nothing mention in the Z-smoke user guide that I could find...
                                I have the Z-Smoke Combos and the alert values for smoke are:

Name:	image.png
Views:	125
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1579110

IMO, you'd want an alert *anytime* a smoke alarm goes off for any reason, so I setup my notification event to detect a value range from 1 to 3, with the status text sent to me so I know if it's just a test, etc.​

Comment

Working...
                                X