Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Groups-Events-Actions

Hi All,

I am trying to create an event that occurs with Harmony and an OmniPro.

When a device is powered on, run a Omni button (mute music)

I am not sure of why can't have just the action part and what needs to be fixed or completed to get this to work.

This is my first action and not sure of the correct chain of events.

Thank You

Jason

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 3.52.21 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1212084

You don't need your group condition because the event will run all days unless you specifically list days you want it to run in the conditions for your event. For your group action, you need:

THEN Run group actions

An event won't run the group actions or look at the group conditions unless you specifically tell it to. Does that make sense?
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

yes. I didn't think I need a group but how do not start with that option?

Comment

Originally posted by serky View Post
        yes. I didn't think I need a group but how do not start with that option?

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you mean at all. Could you please try to rephrase your response?
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I'm confused by the questions as well. Just to clarify
          1. Any event MUST be in a group
          2. Group conditions or group actions are not required
          3. Group actions and group conditions are only applied to specific events within the group that reference them. See this thread

It looks like you are thinking you need to specify actions used within an event as group actions - that is not true. The vast majority of your groups and events will not employ group conditions or actions. You should only use them if a number of events within a group share more than two conditions or actions. If there are two or less shared actions or conditions, it is just as easy to set them within each event, since the group actions or conditions have to be specifically called in each participating event.

There are some good reasons to use group conditions. For example all of our TTS speech events should only run when
          • The house is not 'Asleep"
          • They are enabled by a virtual device
          • The house is occupied
          For that reason I use group conditions in every event in the group, saving my entry of three conditions in every event.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1195446

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1195447

Since you are just starting with HomeSeer, I would recommend avoiding these advanced options at first.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy,

Thanks for the explanation. In my scenario, I must be not be setting it up correctly because I have no Trigger action.

Thanks,

Jason

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 6.40.15 AM.jpg
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1195458

Comment

Originally posted by serky View Post
              Randy,

Thanks for the explanation. In my scenario, I must be not be setting it up correctly because I have no Trigger action.

Thanks,

Jason
              In your first post you show the same Event with a Trigger. If the Trigger now will not expand and give you choices, I would guess the Event has become corrupted. This can happen when an event is edited by deleting a Trigger. I would delete the Event and start over. Actually based on what I write below, it might be best to just delete the groups and start over. When you delete a group the Events within it and any Group Conditions and Group Actions are deleted.

I also think you are missing the concept of groups. You have Two Events - TV On and TV Off, each in a group of the same name. The way it should work is having a group of functions, in this case TV Controls. Then within that group you would have your TV Control Events.
              • TV Controls
                • TV On
                • TV Off
              I also would delete any Group Actions for now. Here is an example of how mine work. This group is for my Echo voice controlled functions. Within the group are the events that provide actions based upon Triggers and Conditions.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	1195464
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy,

I so appreciate the help. Does this seem like it is setup correctly? Is there something that needs to be done to save it and get it to work because it does not? When I run each one in Homeseer the music does go OFF or ON with the appropriate Event. When I state Alexa, TV ON, all the appropriate devices turn ON but the Music does not turn off as when I run directly from Homeseer. I assume Homeseer is not receiving the info of a Power ON occurred.

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 8.58.56 PM.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1195481

Thanks,

Jason
                Last edited by serky; February 20, 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X