Event triggering when not scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event triggering when not scheduled

I've got a lighting event that I set up last night to run before sunset and end at 11 pm.

The same scene is set to be triggered by an "all off" scene.

It ran three times overnight.

As of now, it is currently disabled.

How do I hunt down the cause?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
    I've got a lighting event that I set up last night to run before sunset and end at 11 pm.

Thanks!

First off clean up your time conditions in the Evening Scene. Just be specific because you have already set up your location (Latitude - Longitude) in the system settings. The system tracks time. So for example you want a light to turn on 30mins before sunset, that's all you have to set up and nothing else. By that I mean don't use another condition "AND IF". But there are other situations when you want to define TIME more than once ====> Then condition should be ====> "OR IF" Thus not confusing the system

For disabling/enabling of events ===> you can click on the yellow button to enable or disable.
    Now if you want automate the disabling/enabling of events ====> You can use any of your already automated events ====> Add a condition ====> THEN run a script command : then type &hs.EnableEvent"............." In your case &hs.EnableEvent"Evening Scene" or &hs.DisableEvent"Evening Scene"

Works like magic and you can use it do tricks like Arming or Disarming the House (Say when you don't want the alarms kicking off when you wake up in the middle night to go to the small room )

Eman.
    Last edited by Eman; March 27, 2018, 12:27 PM.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Because your ALL OFF event is also not clearly defined, the image below is a simple event of how Group condition Actions are set up. If set up properly they also do magic! like you see the light is automatically turned off if group conditions are "FALSE"

Eman.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Eman; March 27, 2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks!
        I can give you some observations, though I cannot tell why you have multiple triggers.
        • Your first Event "Evening Scene" has a condition "AND IF The time is before 11:00 PM". It is important to realize that this condition is true from 12:00 AM until 11:00 PM. It is only false between 11:00 PM and midnight. If you are calling this from another Event with the Conditions honored, it will run any time except between 11:00 PM and midnight. On Its own, this Event will only run at 20 minutes before Sunset. There is no evidence in your log that this Event ever ran on its own, both times it was launched as a Delayed Event.
        • Your second Event "House All Off" calls the Event "Evening Scene" with a 45 minute delay. A delayed Event is copied and placed in the "Delayed Events" group, with a fixed time trigger 45 minutes from the time the calling Event is run. This Event will only run on its own at 1:30:00 AM.
        • In your log screenshot, you have 2 events that ran at 2:46:26. One is the above "All Off House All Off" Event and the second is "All Off House All Off - Echo". I would be curious to see "All Off House All Off - Echo" Event's construction. I would also curious why "All Off House All Off" ran at 2:46:26, because it should only Trigger at 1:30:00 AM on weekdays. It is my belief that some other Event must have called it, it didn't trigger on its own. I would also like to see what Event ran at 2:45:45, just below the bottom of the log screenshot. I can see two of the Events usually called from "Evening Evening Scene". I am guessing it was another Delayed Event, but cannot see it.
        • Since "All Off House All Off" launches "Evening Scene with a 45 minute delay, it was put in as a Delayed Event, which did show in the log at 3:36:26, exactly 45 minutes later. You will note that the Delayed Event is named "Delayed Events Evening Scene (Delayed Event) - 1". The "-1" appended to the Event name indicates that there was already a Delayed Event with that name in the Queue.
        • You can see that the same Delayed Event ran at 3:07:54. There is not enough log to see what Event might have called it. It would be important to see what Event called this Delayed Event.
        • From all of this we know that "Evening Scene did not trigger on its own, both times it was called from another Running Event. You need to see what Event is calling it.
        Last edited by randy; March 27, 2018, 03:28 PM.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Randy,

That's beautiful! I couldn't see beyond the log but the multiple frequency he set TIME in the first event.

Eman.

Comment

Thanks all. I think I understand most of what you are saying and it makes sense. I'm going to remove it from "All Off" for now. It was meant to run after 45 seconds, not 45 minutes, but I do see how it was triggered overnight. Not sure why I missed it earlier.

My all off is fine. It's an event that turns everything (that should be) off at 1:30. It is also an event that is triggered by Alexa and a zwave controller at the front door.

The "House All Off Echo" is an event that is triggered by a virtual device that echo controls and runs this "all off"event.

The "All Off" world is fine and behaves as I like, turning the house off at 1:30 am or on demand from zwave wall controller or voice (echo).

What I am trying to do with this "evening" malarkey is at around sunset turn on the various lights we use randomized around sunset, Living room, Kitchen, Office, then bedroom. This runs whether we are home or not and the house always looks lived in and we rarely manually turn lights on (they are all LED). I'd like these lights on from ~sunset until 11p, even if an all off is issued.

What I was trying to do was set an event that runs if the time is between ~sunset and 11p. I don't need auto off at 11p, but not to turn on the "evening" event after 11p. That was apparently set up incorrectly.

I then added it to the all off, so thinking an "All Off" would turn everything off, and then run my "evening" after 45 seconds IF it is between ~sunset and 11p to turn on my evening lights. This is so if we go out for dinner at 7p when sunset is at 5:30p and we come back at 9:30p the house is not dark.

How do I add actions to my all off that turn on my evening lights?

I could exclude them individually from Zwave "all off" and say if after 11p or before ~sunset turn off the individual devices. Is that a better approach?

Thank for all of your help on this. I'm woefully behind finishing setting up HS3. I ran HS2 for way too long.

Comment

Thanks all. I think I understand most of what you are saying and it makes sense. I'm going to remove it from "All Off" for now. It was meant to run after 45 seconds, not 45 minutes, but I do see how it was triggered overnight. Not sure why I missed it earlier.

My all off is fine. It's an event that turns everything (that should be) off at 1:30. It is also an event that is triggered by Alexa and a zwave controller at the front door.

The "House All Off Echo" is an event that is triggered by a virtual device that echo controls and runs this "all off"event.

The "All Off" world is fine and behaves as I like, turning the house off at 1:30 am or on demand from zwave wall controller or voice (echo).

What I am trying to do with this "evening" malarkey is at around sunset turn on the various lights we use randomized around sunset, Living room, Kitchen, Office, then bedroom. This runs whether we are home or not and the house always looks lived in and we rarely manually turn lights on (they are all LED). I'd like these lights on from ~sunset until 11p, even if an all off is issued.

What I was trying to do was set an event that runs if the time is between ~sunset and 11p. I don't need auto off at 11p, but not to turn on the "evening" event after 11p. That was apparently set up incorrectly.

I then added it to the all off, so thinking an "All Off" would turn everything off, and then run my "evening" after 45 seconds IF it is between ~sunset and 11p to turn on my evening lights. This is so if we go out for dinner at 7p when sunset is at 5:30p and we come back at 9:30p the house is not dark.

How do I add actions to my all off that turn on my evening lights?

I could exclude them individually from Zwave "all off" and say if after 11p or before ~sunset turn off the individual devices. Is that a better approach?

Thank for all of your help on this. I'm woefully behind finishing setting up HS3. I ran HS2 for way too long.

Start off by grouping in pattern you want them triggered, say your Evening Event ====> IF This event is MANUALLY triggered , OR IF the time is after sunset up to 11 pm
              THEN =====> .................The events which trigger the lights you mentioned above =====> Kitchen, Living..........etc. Now leave that Evening Event alone.

Now remember you stated the ALL OFF event can turn the same lights off, ========> Click the copy button to duplicate that event (ALL OFF) and rename the copy to "AWAY". Change the time is at 1:30:00 AM to This event is MANUALLY triggered, AND IF The days of the week are: Weekdays, AND IF The Group Conditions are all TRUE, THEN Run The Event Group Actions . NOW HERE IS THE TRICKY PART ====> For the Group Conditions ====> IF The time is nighttime (after sunset, before sunrise).====> (example) For the Group Actions add all the actions as you had them in ALL OFF before deleting them from the top section (Kept up there for ref. only) add WAIT ===> 45sec THEN Run The EVENING EVENT as you wanted to do. That event can be run at the TIMES you want to dine out. BUT REMEMBER =====> You can also just copy of the same event and simply modify a few bits ====> In you case ALL OFF 1 (When in HOUSE) or ALL OFF 2 (When AWAY) For AWAY ===> excluding the lights being turned off. AND also remember the EVENING EVENT still triggers on it's own at your set TIMES and can be run by other events

The image below is an example of how you can group events for easier management.

Eman.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Eman; April 2, 2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X