HVAC Filter Replace Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HVAC Filter Replace Timer

I have a Timer that counts up to 90 days, and alerts me via text that I need to replace the filters. I'm currently building a HSTouch screen, and I have a Text Box that displays the timer. 1) is there a way to just display the DD:HH in the TB instead of the DD:HH:MM:SS 2) Is there a way to reset the timer via HSTouch? When I go into the action editor >Counters and timers>hvac filter timer> there is no actions in the dropdown. Looking at my options, I assume I need to create an event to restart the timer and call it. Thoughts?

Duh! I already had the event setup.

So how do I set up a timer to count backwards, and only show the days?

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
      Duh! I already had the event setup.

So how do I set up a timer to count backwards, and only show the days?

you can't.....timers only count up....but it really makes no difference for most things. just trigger at whatever time you want it to. like....

if timer:test is greater than 90days:0hrs:0min:0sec
      then send me an email
      then restart timer:test

through hstouch you could just trigger the above event or create a separate one to restart the timer.

Comment

Well how would you do a; Due in x days information box?

Comment

Well how would you do a; Due in x days information box?

you could do a counter to put into hstouch if that is what you are asking. (I think you can, I have never tried it)

set the timer to trip a counter every 24 hrs. start your counter at 90 or whatever, and you can decrease counters by one every day and show that number in hstouch.

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
            set the timer to trip a counter every 24 hrs. start your counter at 90 or whatever, and you can decrease counters by one every day and show that number in hstouch.
            That is a really clever solution! The best I've seen.

Change it to once an hour or once a minute, etc. to simulate a countdown timer on (almost) any scale you want.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I think my counter is broke. I enter any number in the box and submit, but it doesn't hold, the counter is always 0. This is the first i've tried using a counter. Can someone check and see if yours is working correctly?
              Attached Files

Comment

I think my counter is broke. I enter any number in the box and submit, but it doesn't hold, the counter is always 0. This is the first i've tried using a counter. Can someone check and see if yours is working correctly?

you have to create an event to set the counter to the number you want. it will take 3 events to make this happen

first one is like....

if virtual switch is set to on
                run counter reset event

then wait 1 second
                then set virtual switch to off

second one is like....

if manually triggered

then control a counter "Countername" "set counter to" 90
                then control a timer "timername" restart timer (to start the timer)

third event

then your event to decrease the counter every 24hrs
                edit: then control a timer "timername" restart timer
                Last edited by wadesready; May 29, 2018, 02:37 PM. Reason: tried again it will work

Comment

I see how you can do this..just tried it

event one
                  if virtual switch changes and becomes on
                  then run "reset counter event"
                  wait 1 second

then virtual switch to off

event 2
                  if manually triggered
                  then reset counter value to 90

event 3
                  if the event will trigger automatically every 23 hrs 59 min 59 seconds
                  then decrease counter by 1

Comment

You should be tracking actual runtime of your hvac system. What what kind of thermostat do you have.
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Comment

Nevermind, I had a Blonde Moment. Runtime makes sense. This dip in discharge temp is after I replaced premium filters at day 90 (yesterday) so the 90 day thing isn't very accurate in regards to premium filters.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Included below are a few post concerning monitoring a HVAC system. I have two Train Z-wave thermostats, one downstairs the other is upstairs. We are monitoring start cycle (counter) for the current day, filter runtime and lifetime. I am also monitoring the runtime (timer) for the current day, filter runtime and lifetime. I also graph this data with Jon00's graphing utility. It works very well.

These post outline most of the details. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1261816
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169671
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=190205
                          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=172778
                          Billy

Comment

Thanks for the help Wade, now I know how to operate a Counter. Dangerous factor +1.

Comment

FYI, I did write a script for HS2 users (which was updated for use with HS3) to monitor things such as HVAC uptime etc. Whilst HS3 have now added counters and timers, this is still available as an option and negates the need for multiple events, counters and timers: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=169790

The uptime device can be formatted to show the time in any format and the 3 trigger devices can be used to trigger events etc after set periods of time.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X