Temp and Humidity Range notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp and Humidity Range notifications

I just bought a ZOOZ Z-Wave Plus 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40 VER. 2.0 to monitor my boiler room for temp., humidity, lighting and motion.

Every if reporting properly except light levels but that is not my main concern.

I have events to send an email if the temp or humidity go above a certain level or below another level. I have time conditions set as well. But here is the issue:

I want the Homeseer to notify me if the temperature goes above 85 degrees but not notify me again until the temp goes back below 85 degrees.

It would be great if I could set an event to notify me if the temp. goes outside of a specific range and then again when it gets back within range. For example, temp between 50 and 85 all is good. Above 85 or below 50 I get an email. Then another email when it is back within range. Same for Humidity but 30-60%

Currently it is reporting on every change above 85. So I will get notified at 85.1 or above and then again at every change above that temp. I received 10 notifications last night between 10pm and 5am.

I read this post : https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...94&postcount=8

Yes, that should work the same.

IF the humidity reports less than 30% the event will run. If the humidity reports greater than 70% the event will run. It will run every time the device reports within those values. It doesn't have to report a change in humidity either. If it last reported 77% and 5 minutes later it reports 77% the event will run again. As you suggested, one possibility is the Cannot Re-Run advanced option to limit the emails to once every XXh, XXm, XXs when the humidity reports outside the 30-70% range.

Another possibility is a virtual device that is set by the event and also used as conditions on both Triggers. A second event would turn the virtual device when the humidity is greater than 30% and less than 70%. This would have it send one email when the humidity is out of range the first time and not again until it has gotten within range then goes outside range again. IT just depends on how often you want to be notified.
    I am not grasping how the virtual device works in this example.

I am trying. I have set 4 events as follows.

I now have a virtual device name Boiler Room Temp High. This is an on/off device.

I have an event to turn the Boiler Room Temp High virtual device ON if the temp sensor had its value set and is above 85.

I have another event to send an email if the Boiler Room Temp High virtual device changes and turns ON.

I have another event to turn the Boiler Room Temp High virtual device OFF if the temp sensor had its value set and is below 85.

I have another event to send an email if the Boiler Room Temp virtual device changes and turns OFF.

This will only send 1 notification when the temp goes above 85 or below 85, I think, because at every change above 85, except for the first one, the virtual device would already be in an ON state and would not have changed??? Same for below?

If this works the way I think it will I would have to do another 4 events for the low temp of 50 degrees. And then 8 more events for Humidity. Is there a way to do this with less events?

Comment

Originally posted by Macrosill View Post
      I am trying. I have set 4 events as follows.

I now have a virtual device name Boiler Room Temp High. This is an on/off device.

I have an event to turn the Boiler Room Temp High virtual device ON if the temp sensor had its value set and is above 85.

I have another event to send an email if the Boiler Room Temp High virtual device changes and turns ON.

I have another event to turn the Boiler Room Temp High virtual device OFF if the temp sensor had its value set and is below 85.

I have another event to send an email if the Boiler Room Temp virtual device changes and turns OFF.

This will only send 1 notification when the temp goes above 85 or below 85, I think, because at every change above 85, except for the first one, the virtual device would already be in an ON state and would not have changed??? Same for below?

If this works the way I think it will I would have to do another 4 events for the low temp of 50 degrees. And then 8 more events for Humidity. Is there a way to do this with less events?

what is the virtual switch for? if it does nothing but notification you could turn it off again after it sends the email. Or if you are using the virtual switch in hstouch to see when the boiler is running you could make a separate event with the temp and email and one to set the virtual switch, the main event would be the temp and email and then run virtual switch event within the main event but with the "only if true setting"

that way it will send every email but only set the virtual if the boiler is running or off once

Comment

Originally posted by wadesready View Post
        what is the virtual switch for? if it does nothing but notification you could turn it off again after it sends the email. Or if you are using the virtual switch in hstouch to see when the boiler is running you could make a separate event with the temp and email and one to set the virtual switch, the main event would be the temp and email and then run virtual switch event within the main event but with the "only if true setting"

that way it will send every email but only set the virtual if the boiler is running or off once
        The virtual device is there so the system will only send me one email that the temp is above 85 instead of an email every time the temp changes yet is still above 85. Once I know the temp is high I don't need another notification for 86, 87, 88 etc. I need another notification once the temp goes back down below 85.

My understanding is that once the virtual device turns on at 85 degrees it will send me an email but not another because the device value is not changed until it turns off, below 85.

Comment

Originally posted by Macrosill View Post
          The virtual device is there so the system will only send me one email that the temp is above 85 instead of an email every time the temp changes yet is still above 85. Once I know the temp is high I don't need another notification for 86, 87, 88 etc. I need another notification once the temp goes back down below 85.

My understanding is that once the virtual device turns on at 85 degrees it will send me an email but not another because the device value is not changed until it turns off, below 85.

you are understanding correctly

Comment

Working...
          X