All lights OFF virtual status device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All lights OFF virtual status device

HI, I was just wondering what is best way to have Virtual device (all lights off) status updated preferably on change of any switch so it is instant. I will have project on big house where over 100 switches will be involved. I will need to know if All lights are off at any time. That what the virtual device will be for.
    How do I set up event so it is efficient and working properly?

Do you guys have any example for me? Maybe for 4 lights so I can modify it easily?

This is what I have in my house for kitchen area.. It works but I can't imagine this is most efficient way to do it. It would get ridiculous with over hundred switches.

Thank for your ideas... Charles

Click image for larger version  Name:	Kitchen_lights.png Views:	2 Size:	285.0 KB ID:	1238137
    Attached Files

I wrote a plugin called Tags which allows you to group devices together based on attributes of the device (e.g. you could have a Tag group of #AllLights based on any device who name contains 'Light' (etc). There are triggers then added which allow you to trigger on what you need, you could say 'All Tagged devices have a value of Off' in one event and 'At least 1 tagged devices have a value 'On''

I realize not everyone wants to add plugins to the system, but I wrote the plugin for exactly these type of use cases where maintaining a big list of items (that could change) was cumbersome. One of the benefits of using the text matching to build groups is that if you add a new light and name it so it matches your rules, it is automatically added, so you don't need to maintain the tag sets other than just naming your devices properly when you create them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 1.35.13 PM.png
Views:	118
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1238151
    Attached Files

Comment

The Easy Trigger plug-in also provides a way to create device groups and query for the state of any member of the group.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

+1 on Easy Trigger. You can place as many lights in a group as you desire, then Trigger on any Device in the group changing. Then there are Conditions of any/all Devices equal to, not equal to, greater than, or less than.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you guys. I'll give it a try..

Just purchased the Easy Trigger plugin. It is working great!
          Last edited by Charles_cz; August 4, 2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X