Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anyway to detect a restart of HS3 and/or a specific plug in from an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there anyway to detect a restart of HS3 and/or a specific plug in from an event

I've just updated to HS3 version 435 and am encountering a bug all of a sudden in UltraGCIR3 where on plug in startup all of my IP2IR devices which are configured as dry contact monitors are triggering active. This only occurs on plug in startup so while waiting on a response from the plug-in author I'd like to update all of my events that monitor these dry contacts to essentially ignore the trigger at startup. Is there anyway from an event to be able to detect that a restart of HS3 or a specific plugin has occurred and to do nothing for a short period of time after startup?

This has became a major WAF issue when HS3 rebooted at 3am and our TTS announced all of our yard gates and doors opening rather loudly.

If the shutdown is 'clean' you could use the shutdown script file to reset a timer, then in your events add a condition that the timer is greater than X minutes (enough time for your shutdown/reboot). That will tell you when the system comes up, but not a specific plugin however...

Comment

Thanks I was just reading a post on the startup.vb script and leveraging that to autostart a timer or increment a counter. EasyTrigger seems to have plugin stop and start events so I am thinking using the startup/shutdown.vb scripts along with the Easytrigger stuff should accomplish what I need to prevent the spam alerts. I'll post back with what I come up with later this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by mattgam View Post
        Is there anyway from an event to be able to detect that a restart of HS3 or a specific plugin has occurred and to do nothing for a short period of time after startup?
        When HS starts it runs a script named 'Startup.vb'. At the end of the script there is an invitation to add commands that will execute at startup. One of mine is to run an event that (among other things) starts an Up-time timer. I use that timer just as you describe to ignore spurious events that occur in the few minutes after HS starts.

Code:
            ' You may add your own commands to this script.
            ' See the scripting section of the HomeSeer help system for more information.
            ' You may access help by going to your HomeSeer website and clicking the HELP button,
            ' or by pointing your browser to the /help page of your HomeSeer system.

hs.TriggerEvent("Startup Stuff")

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
          When HS starts it runs a script named 'Startup.vb'. At the end of the script there is an invitation to add commands that will execute at startup. One of mine is to run an event that (among other things) starts an Up-time timer. I use that timer just as you describe to ignore spurious events that occur in the few minutes after HS starts.

Code:
           ' You may add your own commands to this script.
          ' See the scripting section of the HomeSeer help system for more information.
          ' You may access help by going to your HomeSeer website and clicking the HELP button,
          ' or by pointing your browser to the /help page of your HomeSeer system.

hs.TriggerEvent("Startup Stuff")

This is what I do.

I have an event called "HS3 has Restarted" which I call using the above hs.TriggerEvent("HS3 has Restarted") in startup.vb

In that event, I do the following:
          • Send my self an email telling me the system has restarted
          • Set a timer called HS3.Uptime to zero and start the timer
          If I want to test whether the system has restarted, I test the uptime. If it is small, it has restarted.

Comment

I also call a pair of Events, one immediately after startup and another delayed by 60 seconds. I wrote about it in this post.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thank you I'm going to tray out the one paired event idea for incrementing/decrementing a time. I'll report back with results

Comment

That worked perfectly for handling HS3 restart!

Comment

Working...
                X