failure sending email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

failure sending email

I'm brand new to HS3 (and the HomeSeer home control system) but have had many years using JDS systems. I'm trying to have an event send a simple email, and get the following failure message in the log:
    Oct-06 09:05:59 Warning Sending email failed with an irrecoverable error - mail not sent.
    Oct-06 09:05:59 Error Exception creating email for sending (Tooko@comcast.net, cc:, bcc:, Sub:home control email test, Attach = '@' is not a valid email address. Parameter name: address
    Can anyone help me figure out why this error message appeared instead of simply sending mail to poko@comcast.net ???
    Thanks'
    Peter

Did you go through the configuration stuff to specify POP, SMTP, ports, incoming, outgoing server ip's, passwords, etc.?
    Regards,
    Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Thanks very much. I'll get into each of those settings, and enter some correct data. Will also let you know of my success (or further clarification needed next week).
      Peter

Comment

We forget about that these days because most email clients now do most or all of that automatically based on your email address. It's a bit of a pain in HS but once it's set up it's quite reliable (for me that is).

Another cool thing is text messages. My cell provider (TMobile) provides an email to text message service. I think most other carriers do also. I can send an email from HS to myphonenumber@tmomail.net and get a text message on my phone. I use that a lot!

Regards
        Michael
        Regards,
        Michael

HS3, W10 Home, HSTouch, W800, Z-Stick+

Comment

Thanks Michael,
          I've been using "JDS Homerunner" for many years, and am now moving up to the 21st century of home control. The more I get into some of the HS capabilities, the more I like it. I just started setting up the system yesterday and am now 10 hours into training. Thanks all you forum members for the instant help to my questions............(there will be a bunch more I'm sure).
          best,
          Peter

Comment

Working...
          X