Confused about daylight hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about daylight hours

I want to trigger an email being sent if my solar production is less than 10w between the hours of one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset.
    I can't seem to wrap my head around this. Help please.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    I want to trigger an email being sent if my solar production is less than 10w between the hours of one hour after sunrise to one hour before sunset.
    I can't seem to wrap my head around this. Help please.
    If you have Easy Trigger as I think you do and pretend my generator output is your solar output, it would be

Click image for larger version  Name:	capture.png Views:	1 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	1262764

Without Easy trigger, you would need a virtual device controlled by two Events, turned on at 1 hour after sunrise and turned off at 1 hour before sunset.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Easytrigger, DOH! Thank you Randy.

I finally have the Modbus plug-in working with my Solaredge inverter, so now I can get alerted if there is a problem with the system.

The next step will be Powerwall type system, since the footprint of my house doesn't leave enough room for a generator. I would love a nice 8-10kW natural gas but it just can't be.

Comment

racerfern, Would you be willing to share details on how you got it working with Solaredge (maybe in its own thread in the Modbus plugin section)?. I tried to get my SE inverters talking to the plugin some months back. I plan on trying again, but figured I needed to learn/understand Mod Bus better. My PV system has been operational just over a year. Produced 23.5 MWh in first 12 months (3.9MWh more than I consumed) Due to the power companies monthly reconciliation coupled with the much lower rate the pay for my over production I ended up paying the power company $24 for the entire year.

Comment

kesterf - Today is the second day of my latest attempt. IF it works I plan on posting a detailing in the Modbus section.

23.5MWh is a big system! I have 24 panels at 315w each and I produced about 9.5MWh last year, albeit with a failing inverter. The inverter has been replaced and I hope to produce about 10MWh which is slightly more than I consume. I'm also gradually moving more things to electric. Recently bought an electric dryer and new stove will be gas burners and electric ovens.

My utility credits me at full retail rate while putting excess production into a "bank" which I can draw from in months I fall short. Once a year in about April if I still have kW in the bank, they send me a check for the credit and zero it out. Of course they're only writing that check at wholesale rates instead of retail rates.

I bought my system (as opposed to leasing) and it went live in June 2016. Very happy, especially with the Fed and state tax credits and my smaller carbon footprint.

Comment

Racerfern,

I own my system too. Designed and installed myself with assist from an Electrician Friend. I have 43 - 350W Jinko Panels with two Solar Edge Inverters (SE10000A and anSE5000H). All panels face South, but the tilt is 5 degrees or less. This angle sacrifices some production, but I wanted my panels hidden. I live in a Santa Fe style house with parapets. This tilt with short standoff allowed my to keep the top edge of the panel below the top edge of the parapet. I also lose a bit of production because I packed to roof with panels. I only have about a foot between the panels and the parapets. I took advantage of the Federal Credit, but didn't get a state credit. New Mexico quit offering their credit the same year I installed my system.

Forrest

Comment

Working...
            X