Some Events showing as "Ungrouped"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Events showing as "Ungrouped"

I occasionally find an event group named 'Ungrouped'. When it appears it is comprised of delayed events or event actions, often with surprisingly large numbers attached, such as, "Shed Door Lights Off (Delayed Action) - 11" (as well as the - 10, - 9, -8. . . versions).

When this occurs, it is usually a sign that something is amiss, but it's never clear to me exactly what. Deleting the group usually resolves the problem.

What leads to the formation of this group (as opposed the 'Delayed' group? Is there a way to detect it other than deliberately looking for it? (Clicking on the 'Show All' button is usually necessary to see it.)
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
    I occasionally find an event group named 'Ungrouped'. When it appears it is comprised of delayed events or event actions, often with surprisingly large numbers attached, such as, "Shed Door Lights Off (Delayed Action) - 11" (as well as the - 10, - 9, -8. . . versions).

When this occurs, it is usually a sign that something is amiss, but it's never clear to me exactly what. Deleting the group usually resolves the problem.

What leads to the formation of this group (as opposed the 'Delayed' group? Is there a way to detect it other than deliberately looking for it? (Clicking on the 'Show All' button is usually necessary to see it.)
    I used to have this issue all the time when I was running HS3 on my old XP system. I would get thousands of events appearing in the "Ungrouped" group over time, if I did not occasionally delete them. HS was never able to figure out the cause. Once I migrated a couple of years ago to my W7 system, the issue has not re-occurred. HS's thought was that it was likely caused by a .NET issue.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      Once I migrated a couple of years ago to my W7 system, the issue has not re-occurred. HS's thought was that it was likely caused by a .NET issue.
      I recently migrated from Win7 to a fairly new NUC running Win10 Pro. I see no obvious difference. It's still unpredictable, infrequent, and with no discernible cause.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X