Time trigger repeating every second

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time trigger repeating every second

I have an event that triggers at midnight. But when I look at the log, I see that it is triggering 60 times, once every second from 12:00:00 to 12:00:59! Can you help me figure out why it is doing this? I guess I could stop this by setting an option to "Cannot re-run for 2 minutes" or something like that. But it seems to me that it should only trigger once and I should not have to use the "Cannot re-run" option. I'm running a new (about a month ago) Hometroller-SEL PRO. HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Linux). Here's the event:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Midnight Off Event.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1272993

And here's a section of the log:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Repeating midnight trigger log.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1272994

I sent this question to Product/Techncial Support using the form on the website and they directed me to post the issue here.

Thanks for your help.

It’s a bug, so I would send it back to them. You can do the can’t retrigger setting until they have it resolved or alternately trigger the event at 12:01 AM.
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

This has been a problem for a long time, though I thought it had been fixed. I have used12:01AM or later on my overnight events because of this. It does not seem to affect Easy Trigger schedules, only the native HS3 time Trigger.

Comment

I just looked at my log. I do have an event that runs at midnight without exhibiting this behavior. What version of HS are you running? I am running .478, but my midnight event has been in place for a couple of years.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses! Changed the trigger to 12:01:00 AM so we'll see what it does tonight.

I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Linux). Pretty sure that's the most recent production build.

Comment

I set up a couple test events on Windows (3.0.0.435) & Linux (3.0.0.478).

Event 0 runs at 12:00AM, event 1 at 12:01AM

On Windows, both run once as expected.

On Linux, event 0 runs 60 times, event 1 runs once.

Comment

So... it appears the bug was addressed under Windows, but still exists under Linux. Someone needs to email support.

Comment

My event changed to trigger at 12:01:00 AM ran only once last night. Confirms zwolfpack's testing. Happens on both .435 and .478 Linux.

I replied to my Tech Support case and let them know that it's a bug. Also included a link to this thread.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X