Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost event trigger?

Hey guys,

I'm really puzzled by this. I'm getting erratic behavior of some of the lights at home. I have two very basic events which turn the exterior lights on at dusk and turns them off at 10pm. Very simple.

Recently however, I've had the 5 lights included in this events turn on or turn off all at once, and I can't figure how what is triggering them. On the attached screenshot, you will see 5 x Device control (one for each light) and 5 x Zwave (all Zwave switches) activate the very same second. in this case they all turned off at 6:35:33. There is no even at this time stamp as you can see. The last even before that was at 6:33:14, and is unrelated (the only action for that even is to start/stop a timer).

Any suggestions as to the root cause? Really annoying when all the lights turn on outside randomly at 2am.

Thanks!!

Granger968

Could the devices be linked together? That might explain at least why they all come on at once.

J.Hopple

Comment

I find the fact that its exactly 35 minutes curious, does that number ring any bells (like do you often use that for timers for how long to leave something on?)

Comment

Do you have any events that are set to 'do not log'? Have you tried filtering your events to the ones that include any of these devices to see if any of them could be responsible?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I am more curious about all of them being turned off after exactly 5 minutes. That would seem to point to an event or possibly an association with a motion sensor with a 5 minute timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            I am more curious about all of them being turned off after exactly 5 minutes. That would seem to point to an event or possibly an association with a motion sensor with a 5 minute timeout.
            Ugh. That’s what I was trying to say. Somehow I posted the minute not the difference.

Comment

The facts that 1) there are 5 devices being turned on at once and 2) they are all 5 being turned off after exactly 5 minutes. These two together make it nearly impossible that this is a random occurrence. As was written above, one can disable logging on Events such that you might not see log entries when an Event runs. The group is not random either, since all the lights appear to be exterior lights. This must be driven by an Event or association. There are a number of steps I would take to figure this out:
              • I would filter Events on the involved devices and:
                • Look at the dates the Events have run to see if the correspond with the device changes
                • Make sure the logging of these Events are not disabled
              • I would look at the devices and make sure none off them are linked and that they share no associations other than with HomeSeer.
              • Assuming that sunset in Toronto is around 5:20, I would look at the "last ran" time and date on th On event and make sure it corresponds to the time it should have run. Likewise I would want to check the Off Event
              If all of this checks out and nothing is found, I would like to see screenshots of any Events that turn all 5 on and all 5 off. If there is only one Event controlling all 5 lights, I would disable that Event. If that stops the random turn On, then you know the source. If not, then it must be some sort of linking or association issue. If disabling the Event cures it and there is nothing wrong with the logic of the Event, I would build a fresh version of the Event (not a copy) to see if the Event might have become corrupted.

Comment

Working...
              X