Condition on the first of the month?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Condition on the first of the month?

Am I missing something or is there no way to condition an event based on the day being the first of the month? I have to give my dog heart worm pills every month and some times my lack of mental acuity gets the better of my responsibility regarding this task and I don't catch it until a few days later.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Trigger on a time each day then add the day of month as a condition. It’s one of the built in time conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
      Trigger on a time each day then add the day of month as a condition. It’s one of the built in time conditions.
      Unless I'm having a senior moment (I'm allowed senior moments now that I'm 40..... Right?) with that you can only condition on a Monday - Sunday scale and not a numerical day.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	53
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	1282134

How about this?
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I do it in a script. I take the current date and subtract a day, and then compare the months. If the months are not the same, then it's the first day of the month. There may be a way to do it with a HS or EasyTrigger condition too, but I like scripts
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            I do it in a script. I take the current date and subtract a day, and then compare the months. If the months are not the same, then it's the first day of the month.
            You can also do it with the function DateTime.Now.Day, which returns the day of the month as an integer.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
              You can also do it with the function DateTime.Now.Day, which returns the day of the month as an integer.
              Thanks!
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post

How about this?

Yep. Was having a senior moment. Don't know why I didn't check my other events that fire on specific days like St. Patrick's day and so on.

Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

I use one of the built in time conditions. See:

Name:	dia 1.png
Views:	51
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1282318

Name:	dia 1b.png
Views:	54
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1282319

Comment

Originally posted by nunoary View Post
                    I use one of the built in time conditions.
                    I've been using HS for quite a while and NEVER knew that condition existed! Thanks.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                      I've been using HS for quite a while and NEVER knew that condition existed! Thanks.
                      You are welcome Uncle Michael . Every day I learn something new with users like you.

Comment

There are a lot of day/date specific conditions:

As pointed out above the standard date picker can also be set for the first day of every month and every year using wildcards.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

First I want to say thanks to everybody that is helping on this forum. I am learning new things everyday by reading here.

I will try to explain my problem here since it is in the same category. I have two boys that are living with me every second week. Boy one comes every second Wednesday and leaves next Wednesday and boy two comes every Thursday and leaves next Thursday. I have created two virtual devices that tells me if they are home or away. Is there a time/date trigger that can activate this or do I need to make a counter to counter every Wednesday and Thursday and activate the virutal devicees with that and reset the counter on the second Wednesday and Thursday?

Comment

Originally posted by kridan View Post
                            First I want to say thanks to everybody that is helping on this forum. I am learning new things everyday by reading here.

I will try to explain my problem here since it is in the same category. I have two boys that are living with me every second week. Boy one comes every second Wednesday and leaves next Wednesday and boy two comes every Thursday and leaves next Thursday. I have created two virtual devices that tells me if they are home or away. Is there a time/date trigger that can activate this or do I need to make a counter to counter every Wednesday and Thursday and activate the virutal devicees with that and reset the counter on the second Wednesday and Thursday?

I do something like this using Google Calendar and Blade's Google plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by kridan View Post

Is that every two or three weeks, or is it the second or third week of the month?

If its the former, then I think using a counter is the best solution.

If the latter, then you can always calculate whether a specific day of the week is in the second week of the month by looking at the day. If the day falls between 8 and 14, its the second week of the month. Likewise, if it falls between 15 and 21, the third week.

Comment

Working...
                              X