Then actions fire without the Event firing if Event is not disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then actions fire without the Event firing if Event is not disabled

I have a peculiar problem with my events, where they fire devices arbitrarily and does not log them, which I have tried to fix in a number of ways but have not resolved the issue but when I disable the event the problem goes away. Telling me that the presence of the event is the cause.

The then instruction fires occasionally without leaving a track in the Log.

So the log doesn’t show the occurrence but in fact the shade moves to the up position.

I am setting a counter with the value of the position and this event traps the change and executes the move up. It works correctly but it initiates the Then instruction arbitrarily as well.

If the event fires due to a change in the counter to 101, there is an entry into the log

I can’t explain it…

I have redone this event in so many ways, I am now using a counter, before I would write a more complex IF command that would fire the shade directly.

Please help, what am I doing wrong?

If I disable this event the arbitrary firing discontinues, so I believe there is an inconsistency in the event code.

Is there a screen shot of your event in your post? There appears to be something, but I could see only a default thumbnail. Please try posting a screen shot of your event again.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Here is the screen shot again Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-02-18 HomeSeer Web Control - Ev .png
Views:	38
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	1285935

Comment

Clearly the Event is very simple. There are two other events for each shade one for 50% position and one for 0% Position, the construction is identical. If I disable all three events the shade doesn't move at all. When I enable the events the shade moves according to the counters but, the shade occasionally fires to the 100%, as soon a sthe timer retriggers the shade position the shade moves back. When you review the log you see events that are triggered , but no evidence of the move to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by juanvaldes View Post
          When I enable the events the shade moves according to the counters but, the shade occasionally fires to the 100%, as soon a sthe timer retriggers the shade position the shade moves back. When you review the log you see events that are triggered , but no evidence of the move to 100%.
          If the log doesn't indicate this event was triggered, I'd suspect that something else caused the unwanted action.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
          X