Rogue event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue event

I had an event that I disabled, yet it triggered, despite being disabled and despite having a condition that was not met ("time is nighttime"). The only way I could stop it was to delete it. The event was turning on a light, when a motion sensor became motion, but only if it were nighttime. So, how does this happen? I have looked to see if another event was running this one and could not find one.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

1) If you are Manually triggering the Event it will ignore any Conditions.

2) On the Events Page use the filters at the top to select the "Referencing Device(s)" and select the light being turned on/off. You should then see all Events that might effect that light. If you don't see another rogue event, try deleting the offending Event and re-build it fresh(sometimes Events get corrupted).

3) If still not working, post a screen grab of the offending Event for more comments.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSpen View Post
      1) If you are Manually triggering the Event it will ignore any Conditions.

2) On the Events Page use the filters at the top to select the "Referencing Device(s)" and select the light being turned on/off. You should then see all Events that might effect that light. If you don't see another rogue event, try deleting the offending Event and re-build it fresh(sometimes Events get corrupted).

3) If still not working, post a screen grab of the offending Event for more comments.
      Bob:
      Thanks for your suggestions. I got impatient and deleted the event, before I wrote my post. I will rebuild it and see what happens. Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
      "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
      X