Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Condition for device NOT equal to a value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Condition for device NOT equal to a value?

I'm probably missing something obvious, but what is the best way to have an event condition for when a device is NOT equal to some given value?

My specific application, I want to change the mode on my thermostat based on temperature difference (TRIGGER) and then change the mode, if it is not already in that mode (CONDITION). The only way I can see to accomplish this is to create mulitple instances of the same trigger and check a different condition for all of the other possible operating modes. This seems like a lot of extra coding versus just having a single condition for "not equal to" so I feel like I must be missing something.

The condition AND IF "This device had its value set and is not equal to" will do what you want. Although it's written as if it's a trigger ("had its value set"), once you select the device and select the value against which you're testing, the event will read "AND IF [device] has a value that is not equal to".
    -Wade

Comment

That's it! I did see that option and, as you said, thought it could only be used as a trigger. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
      X