No announcement yet.

Called event not firing - Checkbox to evaluate called event's condition checked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Called event not firing - Checkbox to evaluate called event's condition checked

Ok, I have read through all the threads and I understand the general methods of ensuring that calling a manual event from a triggering event must have a checkbox to ensure the the called event's conditions are evaluated. However, I have tried just about everything and if the checkbox to evaluate the called even't conditions, the event is not run due to the conditions not being met. I made a very simple event to test.

Calling event is triggered by a state change of device, this event calls a 2nd event that evaluates the condition of a virtual device that I can validate the state. (Awake vs. Bed)
    The calling event is always triggered by the state of device change, however, the called event never runs, regardless of the state of the virtual device matching or not matching the 'And If'.

I initially looked through threads and tried to delete and completely re-create the event, this yielded same results, so I made new triggering and manual events.

I attached a picture of both events. I can confirm that the virtual devices 'Sleep Time' is set such that it is true, yet the called event does not run due to 'conditions not being met'.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mark

Starting at the most basic, does your log show the 1st event run and 2nd event skipped due to conditions not being met?
    -Wade

Comment

Could it be a typo in the condition?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I do see in the logs that the first event is firing and calling the 2nd, in the log it says it is skipping the 2nd event due to conditions not being met. Unless it is super obvious, I cannot see a typo in the condition. The virtual device of 'Sleepy Time' is used to trigger other items so I know this condition should work as an evaluation to be 'true'.

I noted in some other threads I read in the forum to try and delete and re-create the events in case of corruption, these events are more simple shells of the actual events and were not copied from the original events. I made it as simple as I could to reduce possible configuration. Seems that no matter what I do, the evaluation of the called script is deemed 'not true'.

Stumped. Is there a deeper debug log I can look to see what the exact evaluation actions are occurring? Would it matter if the virtual device was set manually by me or by another event? (Sleepy Time is set to 'Awake' at a certain time of day by another event..) I restarted HomeSeer entirely with no change..
        Last edited by mrizzo123; April 1, 2019, 04:10 PM. Reason: Noted that I restarted HomeSeer as well..

Comment

Have you been modifying the value-label pairs on the "Sleepy Time" Virtual Switch? The parameter in the second event condition will not have been modified if you have. Bring up that second event, reassign that condition value (i.e. reset it to the desired value), and see if that corrects your issue.

Had that happen to me. It was fixed after the second event condition was rebuilt.

Comment

To mitigate that as an issue, I just modified the called script to have the ONLY evaluator of 'weekday'. So if the event is manually run and it is M-F, send the e-mail. No use of my own virtual device or custom condition. I trigger the script by running the calling script with the checkbox enabled to evaluate the event conditions, it is NOT run. Stating event conditions are not met. IT IS Monday..

Even weirder, in another event group, I have a a similar type of event that is evaluated based on day of week and called manually. I tested manually calling it (changes thermostats in some rooms based on day or week when called). This worked perfectly when called and the checkbox enabled. If I change the script to evaluate for weekend, conditions were not met, when i changed back to weekday, conditions were met and it ran. WHAT the heck...

I know I can probably find a work around, but this should work so I am worried something is more deeply broken I need to fix..

Mark

Comment

In the event screenshot, it appears that the device is named 'SleepyTime' (no space). In your prose you have referred to 'Sleep Time' (post #1) and 'Sleepy Time' (post #4). Any chance you have two or more devices masquerading as each other?

Comment

Originally posted by zwolfpack View Post
                In the event screenshot, it appears that the device is named 'SleepyTime' (no space). In your prose you have referred to 'Sleep Time' (post #1) and 'Sleepy Time' (post #4). Any chance you have two or more devices masquerading as each other?
                My post probably crossed paths but I tried completely removing this evaluator and just looked at 'IF' the day was a weekday instead of the Virtual Device, Sleepy Time. Still will not run. Is it possible that somehow the Event Group is corrupted? (I sure hope not as I have a lot of events in this one).

Comment

Originally posted by mrizzo123 View Post
                  Is it possible that somehow the Event Group is corrupted?
                  It's unlikely that the entire group is corrupted, but this event may be. I'd suggest trying to rebuild the event from scratch.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I will try various ways to re-create. I have done this already and had same results of failure, but all was within the group.

Is there any lower-level debug I can enable to see why the evaluation is failing?

Comment

OK! I think I figured this out but I would say perhaps a BUG?

The ONLY difference between the groups was a group condition existed in the group I was experiencing the problem. I was NOT evaluating the group condition in either of these events.

If I created a simple test of same scenario in a group without a group condition created, the events operated properly. If I moved the events back to the group with a group condition, the events would not run.

Core reason, even though the group condition was NOT listed as a validator for execution, something in the logic of HomeSeer must be actually evaluating group conditions when an event is called manually and told to evaluate the called event's conditions. EVEN if that called event is not asking to evaluate the group conditions.

In my case, the condition was currently 'false' in that group. As soon as I adjusted the group condition to be a 'true' outcome, the called event ran.

So, either there is some misunderstanding or there is a bug. It appears that HS is evaluating group conditions for called scripts, even if you are not stating such an evaluation in the script itself. (I have no And/If group condition is true or false in the calling or the called script)

I assume this only happens when you call a script vs. normal since I have not seen this behavior in triggered events vs. called manually executed events.

For now, I am just disabling the use of group conditions until I could get some help sorting it from HomeSeer. I can replicate the problem easily, FYI. I guess I would need to create a whole new group and try to replicated to rule-out some sort of corruption in the group itself...

Comment

Ok, confirmed I can re-created in another group by just creating a true or false evaluated group condition, regardless of evaluating it in the events. I have attached two pictures. One shows a version that will fail to run (group condition requires it to be Saturday), the other requires a group condition to be Tuesday, which is same for event condition. The called event will not run due to 'events not meeting conditions' if the group condition is not evaluated as 'true'. It does not matter if the group condition is called-out in the event.

Comment

What HS version are you running? The most recent beta has some changes to the group conditions handling.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...load#post94773
                          -Wade

Comment

I am running 3.0.0.500, below is an output of my system info. I could go with newer Beta version but I am wary of introduced new bugs at the core system. Is there a way to post bugs more directly to HomeSeer staff to see if it is already fixed somehow in upcoming release?

-----------------

Current Date/Time: 4/2/2019 7:06:54 PM
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.500
                            Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerSELv2 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 1 Day 3 Hours 0 Minutes 27 Seconds
                            IP Address: 127.0.0.1
                            Number of Devices: 253
                            Number of Events: 33
                            Available Threads: 199
                            HSTouch Enabled: True
                            Event Threads: 0
                            Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                            Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                            Device Exec Queue: 0
                            HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                            Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
                            2.0.43.0: BLLAN
                            3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
                            3.0.0.56: EasyTrigger
                            2.0.3.1: JowiHue
                            3.0.0.63: PHLocation2
                            3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrizzo123 View Post
                              For now, I am just disabling the use of group conditions ...
                              I have done the same. When I first (and last) looked at group conditions I found their behavior to be incomprehensible. Others have reported bugs intermittently.

Comment

Working...
                              X