• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fx12002 View Post
    Thank you! Ok, so when I run your top expression, I get:
    EasyTrigger ERROR missing ')' at ',' at line 1:20

When I run the bottom expression, I get:
    EasyTrigger ERROR missing ')' at ',' at line 1:20 missing EOF at ',' at line 1:41

Maybe this is an issue with EasyTrigger? Not sure where to try adding the suggested paren or comma.
    Yea, I think I had the syntax right the first try. Could be a bug with EasyTrigger. I'll play with it some on my own network to see if I can replicate. If so, I'll give Spud a heads-up to take a look see when he has time.

--Barry

Comment

Originally posted by logman View Post

BOOM! I swear Sparkman, if I had your scripting abilities I'd probably never leave my computer. I'd be scripting everything and giggling like a girl. I'm always amazed at how quick you can bang something out. Nice work!

--Barry
      LOL, thanks Barry. I do a lot of cutting and pasting and googling, so not as good as I wish I was

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

LOL, thanks Barry. I do a lot of cutting and pasting and googling, so not as good as I wish I was

Cheers
        Al
        Ditto. You can learn exponentially with trial and error, and a lot of Googling... I've found Google "VB Net WhateverFunction" has become my programming manual (even though I have a shelf full of reference books I never touch). You'll find hundreds of examples of 'WhateverFunction', some good, some bad. Take Al's script for instance; dissect it, analyze it, figure out what each line does, and you'll be well on your way.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

This script seems to work perfectly, thank you! I need to do more testing when I get home, but so far, works exactly as expected.

Thank you everyone for all the help with this, I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by fx12002 View Post
            This script seems to work perfectly, thank you! I need to do more testing when I get home, but so far, works exactly as expected.

Thank you everyone for all the help with this, I appreciate it!
            Great, one thing that I found is that if the interval is short (1 second), then the script could exit early as it checks for possible local changes at the dimmer so that if it is changed locally, the script will stop changing it. If that's an issue, you could comment that part of the script out.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I noticed that but I think it should work out fine. The main thing I am curious to test when not working remotely is, in my case, the value we are changing is a globally referenced virtual device. Whether the light changes or not is decided at the room level. For instance, if the light is on AND has not been adjusted manually AND this global TOD device changes, then set light to global TOD value. So, if I set the script to use too small of an increment and or run too frequently, it will trigger this event a ton for every room. I came from Smartthings and I had a similar event. The major problem I had there was if someone happens to turn the light off mid-value transition, it will start to turn off and then turn back on because the value changed in that short window. I always figured it was due to the crazy latency in many Smartthings operations and Homeseer so far has been a huge huge improvement.

I am concerned the above issue will start happening again with this script but I have no idea if it will end up being an issue until I start living with this automation. I am sure there is some clever way to program around this issue but I am also trying to avoid having to re-do my entire house (hence why I am cheating and just fading the global value instead of having a script for each light/ switch). Always open to suggestions!

Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

Thanks Mike, when you say "latest", what are you referring to?

Cheers
                Al
                Al, as always your always ahead of the herd.. your previous post (#14) of updated script answered my inquiry of latest based on pervious conversation re your original script. Mike
                Computer: CUK Intel NUC7i7BNH
                Op System: Windows10 Pro - Work Station
                HS Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0

Plug-Ins: AK Weather 4.0.5.25,APCUPSD 3.3.2.3,BLBackup 2.0.63.0,BLEditor 2.0.11.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLOccupied 2.0.28.0,BLShutdown 1.0.6.0,Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206,Device History 3.2.0.2,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,iRobot 5.22.41.1,JowiHue 4.0.8.7,Nest 3.0.0.34,NetCam Plugin 1.0.0.5,PHLocation2 3.0.0.64,Pushover 4.0.10.0,Random 3.0.0.2,Restart 1.0.0.7,Ring 1.0.0.9,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.3,Sonos 3.1.0.59,Sonos4 4.0.1.12,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,UltraMon3 3.0.6554.33094,UltraNetCam3 3.0.6413.20219,Unifi 4.0.32.0,Zigbee 4.0.11.0,Z-Wave 4.0.3.0, and Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Working...
                X