KWH Notification Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWH Notification Issues

I have the following event fire off every billing cycle for electricity. It works, but the only problem is I receive like 10 notifications instead of just one. Any ideas to what could be causing the issue? Thanks!

Try setting the cannot rerun for and set the time to an appropriate amount. You may also want to set the time to something other than 12:00:00. I believe there was a problem at one time with events that kicked off at 12:00:00, I typically set mine to fire off at 12:01:01 or something similar...

Hope this helps.
    Billy

Comment

+1 for the cannot rerun time setting.
      I also include a virtual device that gets set by the notification event. It is also a condition on that event, so the event will not run if the VD is set to 'sent'.
      Another event turns the VD to 'Off' to allow the next notification. (I still need to prevent a rerun for a few seconds though, because the HS trigger cycle is quite fast compared to setting a device value.)
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I can't believe I didn't think of that. It was due to setting the time to 12:00:00 exactly, 12:01:00 fixed the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by dibble9012 View Post
          I can't believe I didn't think of that. It was due to setting the time to 12:00:00 exactly, 12:01:00 fixed the problem!
          Excellent. Glad you got it worked out
          Billy

Comment

Working...
          X