Edited Group Name now Events Gone or Events Deleted How to Restore Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edited Group Name now Events Gone or Events Deleted How to Restore Events

I just spent the last 12 hours working on updating several events, testing and getting them working.....

When I edited the Group Name the entire group disappeared or seems to be deleted..... I have to go to a backup 24 hours ago to get the screen shot attached and of course my work is gone.......

1 How does this happen? . I tried it again changing the name and the Events in the group disappear

2 can I get my work back from the a few minutes ago?

Devoir
    Attached Files

It's a long shot, but are all Groups checked in the group drop-down list? Maybe they're currently filtered out?
    -Wade

Comment

OMG that worked........... I have never changed an event name before and I didn't think there was a filter....

I guess when you create a new event it is automatically checked to be in the active displayed list .... If you change the name it is unchecked... Didn't see that one coming..... Whew... lot less tears now.... At least the WAF won't have to suffer the same flashing lights and push messages for testing...over and over

May thanks cc4005.

Devoir
      Attached Files

Comment

For whatever reason event groups, like device types, default to unchecked when created. May apply to other attributes as well. Not sure why they don't default checked--it's caused mild panic for me more than once and it seems to come up fairly often here in the forums.
        -Wade

Comment

Working...
        X