Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spurious events being caused by Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD212).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spurious events being caused by Fibaro Dimmer 2 (FGD212).

I have a 100 or so Fibaro dimmers and relay switches installed.
    I have had to replace a couple of Dimmer 1 with Dimmer 2 (FGD212) because of failures.
    this has resulted in situations in which when the Dimmer 2 is single clicked to cause it to go off or on, the apparent generation of the triggering of multiple events. This is raising havoc with in some cases. For example:

An event called "Gr Floor Switch off" is set up to turn off a Double Relay switch called "Lights GR Floor" when fgd212 called "Lights GR Firespot" goes to off. [There is also an "on" event not shown.] The event specification is:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Event From 212.jpg Views:	0 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	1307730

The problem is that when "Lights GR Firespot" is turned off either at its momentary switch or through the Device Management view. Several "Lights GR Floor" actions are activated as can be seen in this screen shot:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Log showing 3 generated off events.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.8 KB ID:	1307731

Thus, the "Utilities GN Gr Floor Switch Off" event is generated three time by setting "Lights GR Firespot" off actuation.

My question is how to stop the gsd212 Dimmer 2 from doing this. This dimmer has a bunch of capabilities that I don't use. The only parameters that I have set from default are #7=4 and #8=3.

I suspect a configuration problem, but the user manual is not helpful. I have contacted Fibaro support, but nothing yet of value from them.

I have a bunch of Dimmer 1's installed. I have had three failures. I bought $1000 worth of replacements so that I would not be caught without backup, so if I cannot solve this problem I will need to switch brands and models since the Dimmer 1 is no longer available.

I doubt that this is primarily a HS problem, but I am hoping someone in the HS community will know what to do.
Working...
X