Time ranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time ranges

Wondering how I could set up some different time ranges. I was using the "if the time is daytime or nighttime" for my events but was trying to find a way to do a range like if the time is 30 minutes before daytime or 30 minutes after nighttime(using the sunrise/sunset ranges built in)? I have other events using a hardcoded time but can't find a way to use the sunrise/sunset .

There is a "if the time is this before/after sunrise/sunset" there is also the plugin Easy Trigger
    Click image for larger version

Name:	timeis.png
Views:	335
Size:	10.5 KB
ID:	1308236

Comment

The easiest way is with the EasyTrigger plug-in. It adds many trigger capabilities that make HS much easier to use and is the most useful HS plug-in, overall, IMHO. Plus, Spud is continually adding more trigger capabilities to it.

If you have only one or two ranges that will be used repeatedly, another way to do it is to create a virtual device (for each range). Turn the device on at the beginning of the time range and off at the end of the range (so, need two events for each range). After you have that working you can use the on/off state of the virtual device as a condition on events. It's slightly more work, but not much, and it works well.
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	357
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1308852Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.png
Views:	367
Size:	203.0 KB
ID:	1308853 I ended up going the virtual device method for now. The easy trigger plugin looks like the cats meow but I'm not ready to fork over $30 for that quite yet.

Comment

Working...
        X