Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event to turn on light on motion but also come on dimmer between a certain time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event to turn on light on motion but also come on dimmer between a certain time frame

Hi guys,

Just getting into HS and trying to shake of another HA system.
    I currently have an event that turns a light on when motion is detected starts a timer and then the light goes off at the conclusion of the timer and also restarts the timer if subsequent movement is detected,
    My issue is that on my old system between 11 at night and 5 in the morning I want the light to come on on motion but at say 10% dim level.
    I have a dummy switch that should come on during them hours just not sure how to implement that into my current event.
    Any help greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Alarm_guy1 View Post
    Hi guys,

Just getting into HS and trying to shake of another HA system.
    I currently have an event that turns a light on when motion is detected starts a timer and then the light goes off at the conclusion of the timer and also restarts the timer if subsequent movement is detected,
    My issue is that on my old system between 11 at night and 5 in the morning I want the light to come on on motion but at say 10% dim level.
    I have a dummy switch that should come on during them hours just not sure how to implement that into my current event.
    For lighting before you try anything complicated there is : https://shop.homeseer.com/products/c...lug-in-for-hs3 . You can use for 30 days if you are not happy with it then remove. It takes away the stress of managing scenes.

Eman.
    The People's Advocate.

Comment

cheers i'll take a look

Comment

Originally posted by Alarm_guy1 View Post
        Welcome to the HS Board.
        A strength of HS is that there are multiple ways to do almost anything, and that is definitely true of what you are describing. (It's also a source of confusion and frustration for new users, though, as you will soon learn.)

I think it would be useful to take at look at this post as a place to start - and then the rest of Randy's posts in the Event Clinic as you get the time.

To have two different behaviors depending on time of day, I'd recommend using a 'virtual device, which may be the same as what you call a 'dummy switch'.
        Set the virtual device to 'Night' at 11 PM, and to 'Day' at 5 AM.
        A primary event would be triggered by bathroom motion. It would have two actions, both running other events if their conditions are true (call them Day and Night).
        The 'Day' event would have the condition that the virtual device is set to day and would:
        • Delete any pending delayed device actions for the bathroom light
        • Turn on the light normally
        • Create a delayed device action to turn the light off after 5 minutes
        The 'Night' event would be similar, but instead of turning the light on normally, it would turn it on at 10% intensity
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

cool I will have a read up, yes sorry Dummy = Virtual, still in or HA mode.
          Thanks for taking the time to respond

Comment

Working...
          X