Never EVER delete an Event Trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for responding,

Regarding Sparkman's question, If I remove the trigger condition Day of the Week, Jon00 still reports the event broken.

I've made a simple event asking to lower the temp to 74 on Monday and Wednesday at 4am and it's still broken.

Click image for larger version

Name:	simple.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1322140

Name:	simple Jon00.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1322141
    Now I'm getting worried my installation became corrupted somehow.

Comment

Try collapsing the condition. I think on multiple choices, the condition needs to be collapsed to write it to the DB. It is a best practice to fully collapse an Event after editing.

EDIT: I just confirmed this to be true.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

You are a genius!

I wish I knew that you have to collapse conditions in order to effectively save them.

It works now and I've replaced the Wait statements with delayed device actions.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Name:	working event.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1322159

Comment

Originally posted by devanb View Post
          You are a genius!

I wish I knew that you have to collapse conditions in order to effectively save them.

It works now and I've replaced the Wait statements with delayed device actions.

Sorry to hijack this thread.

Name:	working event.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1322159
          Not a genius

On most events, when you complete a Trigger, Condition or Action, they will automatically collapse. The days of the week, being multiple choice, give no clear indication you have completed selections, so they do not automatically collapse. I suppose HomeSeer could write changes as you select/deselect boxes, but I could see that giving undesirable delays on slower systems.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            [*]Do not group a number of devices under one device control Action, instead put each under a separate action
            So, instead of setting the "control a device" action and then picking through the dropdown lists and turning on/off a number of devices, it is better to continue with THEN after each device/action for the sake of event integrity, correct? Any drawbacks to that or does HS3 execute the commands just as efficiently one way as the other? I've always stacked my devices under a single action and starting to reconsider that practice after reading this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              Try collapsing the condition. I think on multiple choices, the condition needs to be collapsed to write it to the DB. It is a best practice to fully collapse an Event after editing.

EDIT: I just confirmed this to be true.
              What the %$^&*?!? Wowsers, that's got to be one of the most unobvious things I've heard in my entire life. Guess that explains the occasion frustration I've had with making a few changes here and there, then finding bits and pieces missing/not working. There should at least be a line of text warning of this if it can' be fixed - then again 4761 customers would have to report it to them before that would even be considered

Comment

Originally posted by Tillsy View Post

What the %$^&*?!? Wowsers, that's got to be one of the most unobvious things I've heard in my entire life. Guess that explains the occasion frustration I've had with making a few changes here and there, then finding bits and pieces missing/not working. There should at least be a line of text warning of this if it can' be fixed - then again 4761 customers would have to report it to them before that would even be considered
                I'm only the messenger

Comment

Working...
                X