Example - If exterior door left open >5 min, speak, send text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Example - If exterior door left open >5 min, speak, send text

Here is a set of events I built recently after the kids left one of the exterior doors open; hopefully someone finds this helpful.

WHAT IT DOES

This series of events will speak a phrase and fire off a single text message after a door has been left open for more than 5 minutes, once the door has been closed, it will sent a single text message indicating that the door has been closed.

* Announcement repeats every 5 minutes until door is closed, uses the "Cannot Re-Run for x Option"

EXAMPLE EVENTS

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS_PDLO_Example_001.JPG Views:	0 Size:	194.0 KB ID:	1312376

MY EVENTS

I have a set of rules (2) that reset a counter (Exterior Doors Closed) when any of the exterior doors is opened, the counter is set to 1(true) when all of the doors are closed.

This series of events builds upon that existing logic and will speak a phrase and fire off a single text message after a door has been left open for more than 5 minutes, The announcement repeats every 5 minutes until door is closed, uses the "Cannot Re-Run for x Option"

At approximately the 10 minute mark, the counter is incremented to 2 when the first event runs again, at this time I shutdown the Heatpump and send a message out indicating that the heatpump is being shutdown. I leverage a counter to indicate that the heatpump was shutdown by the Perimeter Door Left Open series of events so that I can turn it back on.

There is also a rule to let me know if someone has entered the house while the door is sitting wide open, which is built on top of another task which sets the "WIAB - Occupant Detected" counter to 1(true) anytime there is motion in the house.

Once all of the doors have been closed, a message is sent indicating that the doors are closed, and turns back on the Heatpump IF it was turned off by the Perimeter Door Left Open events.

NOTES

The "Perimeter Door Open" counter is incremented every 5 minutes, so it's easy to add additional logic that happens after the door is left open for x number of minutes (5 minute increments) by simply waiting for the counter to hit a specific increment.

DEPENDENCIES

Some of the events in this group have a dependency on counters that are set as part of my House level Occupancy Status events.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ection-with-hs

Click image for larger version  Name:	HS_PDLO_20190624_001.JPG Views:	0 Size:	141.7 KB ID:	1312373
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HS_PDLO_20190624_002.JPG Views:	0 Size:	136.4 KB ID:	1312374
    Click image for larger version  Name:	HS_PDLO_20190624_003.JPG Views:	0 Size:	155.5 KB ID:	1312372

I would like to set this up but I would like to add example in case of the garage doors after a certain time or If no one is home and the door was left open ...how would I add these conditions ect?

Comment

Originally posted by MStan View Post
      I would like to set this up but I would like to add example in case of the garage doors after a certain time or If no one is home and the door was left open ...how would I add these conditions ect?
      Maybe it would make sense for me to Example the base events, but also include my events to show how you can build upon those base events in a modular form.

Anyhow, at a high level...

Create a counter for "Garage Door Left Open"
      Create the base events from above, substituting my Kitchen Door with your garage door device, and leveraging your "Garage Door Left Open" counter in place of my "Notification - Perimeter Door Open" counter.

I use BLLAN to ping my cell phone (dhcp reservation) when it is connected to the home's wifi, occasionally I'll use that in rules so that it only sends me a text message if my phone isn't active on the network. Which means I'm either away from the house, or I don't have my phone in my hand.

...v

Comment

I've updated the original post with a much cleaner 'example'.

Comment

Working...
        X