Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Event Triggering when it Shouldn't (And If not true) (??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Triggering when it Shouldn't (And If not true) (??)

This event triggered when the garage door opened (tilt sensor w/ RF to DSC alarm panel to Envsalink cloud to HS Envsalink plugin) but it should not have triggered because the AND IF was false (Virtual Virtual House Occupancy Status was set to Home, not Away) as documented in the status written to the log by the script that is part of the event actions. Further, the EnvisaLink action did NOT run while the other two actions did run (did not run per the HS log and the Envsalink log).

What am I missing??

Uploaded event and log as attachment... couldn't get pastes to here to work... error uploading to server. Looked for instructions on how to paste into posts but can find no instructions... can anyone point me to a "how to" on this??

This event triggered when the garage door opened.docx

To add a screen shot, save as an image file, then click on the 'Upload Attachments' button. If you don't see it, click on the 'paper clip note' button in the upper right. Select the size - the one below is "Medium". Be sure to have your cursor located where you want the image to appear.

‚Äč
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

By my reading of your log, the event ran as expected. If it didn't disarm the alarm panel, then I'd suspect the problem is with the event action, and may be a topic for the alarm panel plug-in forum. OOPS! Never mind.

I misread. I agree, if the occupancy was not 'Away' then the event should not have run. In a case like this, my first response is that the event may be corrupted. The most direct step is to delete this event and recreate it from scratch and see if that fixes it.
      Last edited by Uncle Michael; August 21st, 2019, 03:13 PM. Reason: corrected response
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

Thanks, Uncle Michael...
        But the AND IF requirement that occupancy status = Away was false as documented by the script in the event actions that shows the status was Home. ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
          Thanks, Uncle Michael...
          But the AND IF requirement that occupancy status = Away was false as documented by the script in the event actions that shows the status was Home. ??
          Yes, I agree. That's why my first suspicion is that the event is corrupted. If that is the problem, then deleting the event and reconstructing it from scratch should solve the problem. If the reconstructed event behaves the same as the one you have now, then the situation becomes more mysterious.

Comment

Will do... thanks... wanted to be sure I wasn't loosing it!

Comment

Working...
            X