virtual Triggers not working with events? Nighttime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virtual Triggers not working with events? Nighttime

Hello, i have a virtual trigger that i was using to indicate night time for all my LED, RGB lights in the house, I would use this virtual trigger for the IF statement in my events, one of my my events that turns on the RGB Blue Star Lights worked great but now it seems to get ignored in events even though the virtual device is being cut on and off correctly. The one picture example i attached shows LED RGB, Blue Star Lights Event and the virtual night switch is the IF and it is suppose to turn them off/on based on the virtual switch status. The other Event Picture i attached shows the virtual trigger event for night time and that works,
    The virtual device will change to off after sunrise and on after sunset but the event that uses it does not trigger

Any ideas of what i am doing wrong here

all i could find in the Log
    Sep-03 7:41:33 AM Device Control Device: Master Bed Room MagicHome LED Blue Star PWR to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Sep-03 7:41:17 AM Device Control Device: Master Bed Room MagicHome LED Blue Star Bulb#2 PWR to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Sep-03 7:35:31 AM Device Control Device: Master Bed Room MagicHome LED Blue Star Bulb#2 PWR to Off (0)
    Sep-03 7:35:31 AM Device Control Device: Master Bed Room MagicHome LED Blue Star PWR to Off (0)
    Sep-03 7:35:31 AM Event Event Trigger "LED Blue Stars In Master BedRoom LED Blue Star ight OFF -Daytime"
    Sep-03 6:35:32 AM Device Control Device: Master Bed Room MagicHome LED Blue Star Bulb#2 PWR to Off (0)
    Sep-03 6:35:32 AM Device Control Device: Master Bed Room MagicHome LED Blue Star PWR to Off (0)
    Sep-03 6:35:32 AM Event Event Trigger "LED Blue Stars In Master BedRoom LED Blue Star ight OFF -Daytime"
    Sep-02 7:31:57 PM Event Event Trigger "LED Blue Stars In Master BedRoom LED Blue Star Light on- NightTime
    Attached Files

I see where the On Event ran at 7:31:57 yesterday, but there were no device controls logged.

I see the Off Event ran at 6:35:32 and 7:35:31 this morning. Your triggers are based upon the Virtual Device being "Set", not on a change in value, so even if it is already Off, if you manually or another Event turns the Device Off, it will trigger the Event. If you use "Changes and becomes" the Events will only trigger when the Device status changes. There is no right or wrong, you can choose the Trigger type based on your needs.

Your Events that control the Virtual Device are a little troublesome in that you are using a Condition which would alwas have to be true after the time Trigger, but a manual trigger with no condition. I don't understand the logic.

Your Off Event sets the magichome power Off to both lights, but your On Event only sets the color. I see Device controls after each Off Event runs but none after the On Event ran. I am not sure how those lights work, but based on the absence of Device Controls logged after the On Event runs would suggest they are not being controlled. This all suggests that your Events are running, but the Actions to turn the lights On are not working.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Thanks for the info Randy, i admit im learning as i go on Homeseer events, To use the bulbs/change color and dim i use the magichome plugin which gives me the option you see (attach pic) where i can turn on/change color, and dim using the HSV settings and i used the standard Control a device command to cut them off since that seem to be the easiest way for me to get it working until now. Since the virtual switch will change from off or on,and the bulbs come on but not off, and reading everything i am going to 1st try and use the plug in to set the colors to #0000 to see if that fixes the Off problem for now
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X